• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

2014 Missouri Deer Season

seasprite

Well fellas I getting ready for this years hunt <thumbsup> it opens on the 15th of Nov. Took a game camera out  to my stand along with 40 lbs of corn to get the deer to stop and say hi to the camera so I could get an idea of what roaming the woods. I did get some deer pics but I didn't expect a racoon family reunion with me supplying the dinner.  ??? post-12828-0-85227400-1414983055_thumb.j

But I did end up getting some deer pics but not as much as last year due to bluetongue from the drought we had last year. Talked to one of conservation officers that work at the range I go to and he said as much as 20% of the herd was lost because of this :'( Our quota was cut this year because of this and I will only be allowed to harvest one buck and one doe this year. Seeing what the camera is getting its going to be hard to fill both tags, hardly any deer crossing the camera unlike last year.

post-12828-0-72158500-1414983137_thumb.j post-12828-0-42557100-1414983160_thumb.j

I just duck it if I had to eat a whole deer whew! I would love to go hunt big game one day but not ethical if I can't eat the whole thing! Plus this is cheeting! image.jpg I have an aple tree!!

Vac seal it keeps along time plus it's better for you than beef you'll figure out how to eat it all :)

Vac seal it keeps along time plus it's better for you than beef you'll figure out how to eat it all :)

I go to a processor that does this and it takes me about 1 year to go through one whole deer and thats stretching it out. The summer sausage runs out first about 3-4 months. Then the burger 6 months and the steaks I kinda milk out a little longer. 2 deer would be a max for me in a year. Just me and my son eat venison. 

I just duck it if I had to eat a whole deer whew! I would love to go hunt big game one day but not ethical if I can't eat the whole thing!

It's just like eating an elephant.

How do you eat a whole elephant?   One bite at a time.  <thumbsup>

post-12828-0-33141600-1416175122_thumb.j

This is the look of defeat  :angry:  Sat up in the stand from 6 am to 11: 00 am and the only thing I saw was the left ass cheek and white tail of a deer that crossed the creek about 60 yards in front of me but the brush kept me from seeing weather it was a buck or a doe. Walked the property to see if would spook up something and my hunting partner scored a small doe then we broke for lunch. Got back in the stand at 1:00 pm and stayed till had to pee so bad my teeth were floating so I called it day a little past 4:00. What sucks is this was my only chance to get out this year. oh well I'll get em next year.

This beers for a chance bro!! You need a Tonya Harding favor ;)

Well Tonya struck alright, just the wrong person my friend ended up doing something to his achilles tendon and is seeing an orthopedic surgeon. :'( 

Whats that old Hee Haw song ::) 

Oh well its going to suck not having venison this year but thats the way goes.