• Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

SIG Brace Saga...

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sig is responding;

http://gunssavelives.net/gun-industry/breaking-sig-responds-to-atf-brace-ruling-will-take-action/

Nice to know they are getting right on top the issue instead of waiting for some poor sap to get charged.

Wow, I am more than happy to stand corrected on my above statements, I wouldn't have thought Sig would have stepped in and that's a small glimmer of light on this topic! 

I'm looking forward to seeing a response from the ATF in regard to Sig's statements.  <thumbsup>

sig has taken on the ATF before, but I don't see them going on the offense unless ATF tries to make the brace itself illegal.

I would tend to agree with that, but was hopeful when I first read it...time will tell, but I don't see them sticking their neck out too far. OTOH, they probably have a much better relationship with the ATF than we do, so maybe we can at least get some thoughts on this after they have time to research and pow-wow with the ATF.

I do prefer the Ares Armor approach but this may work for Sig......I hope.

Occasionally I feel they poke the bee hive too much, and not sure that is good for everyone's cause. The Government can be a PITA if they want to and can make all of lives miserable. I guess I don't mind the way Ares handles the ATF, but I'm not about to start treating them that way myself. If one antagonizes the ATF like Ares does, one is bound to have some problems with them. Doesn't seem his case is over yet...What Ares is facing is much steeper than shouldering a sig brace.

• 1 month later...

After being asked by a friend to look at this 308 pistol on atlantic firearms site, I noticed this quote from the ATF about shouldering it (with as they imply, a sig brace)

http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/component/virtuemart/shipping-rifles/ptr-51p-pdw-308-pistol-atlantic-firearms-exclusive-2412-detail.html?Itemid=0

"For the following reasons, we have determined that firing a pistol from the shoulder would not cause the pistol to be reclassified as an SBR: The Firearms technology Branch classifies weapons based on their physical design characteristics. While the usage/functionality of the weapon does influence the intended design, it is not the sole criteria for determining the classification of a weapon. Generally speaking, we do not classify weapons based on how an individual uses a weapon."

seem taking this at face value could get one in a bit of a jam

• 2 weeks later...

Right...and following ATFs newthink reasoning... firing a pistol with a two hand grip must re-make it into an AOW  as others around the interwebs have so accurately pointed out.

ATF and ObamaSoc is doubleplus ungood.

Edited by AdamO