• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

SIG Brace Saga...

Save your money. The PSA pistol tube is well made and a good value!

The brace stretches like a condom over a banana so it will accommodate almost any pistol tube.

Hunh.

Most guys would have said "...stretches like a condom over the penis."  Must be a Shibi thing.  <lmao>

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most guys would have said "...stretches like a condom over the penis."  Must be a Shibi thing.  <lmao>

It was in reference to the pre-deployment demonstration that was conducted while I was in the military.... just in case you "got bored" and decided to visit the local whorehouse.

Asian...no stretching required.  :D

Oh shuttup. 

Edited by shibiwan

• 2 weeks later...

well this is going to get interesting , I wonder how many are out there and I wonder if you do not have a brace if you hold the buffer tube in the vicinity of your shoulder if that is a felony? what a freeking can of worms.... all over nothing, zilch, nada.

I'm not too worried either way. this ruling will certainly cut down on the YouTube commandos drawing unnecessary attention and the whole thing will probably blow over. I don't plan on hanging out with ATF agents at the shooting spots, and I doubt any AZ LE would give a crap. IF by chance someone gets locked up over this, than ATF is going to have a hell of a time in court. according to this...shooting a pistol with two hands is remanufacturing it into a AOW and requires a stamp. not gonna fly without some clarification. everyone needs to nod and smile and make sure no more "clarification" is forthcoming.

Then there's this:

https://www.turlockcitynews.com/crime/item/4515-ceres-swat-aids-in-the-arrest-of-three-for-turlock-home-invasion

1st time I've read about one used in a crime and the authorities are charging them with an SBR AND an illegal assault rifle - this could be a significant turn for the worse with regards to the Sig brace.

Edited by guruofhotrod

"A mind that is stretched by a new experience can never go back to its old dimensions."

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.

The damn NFA is unconstitutional anyway........it would be nice if the NRA would get their lawyers busy on this blatent buracratic cluster fuk and prevent someone from being hassled.

God forbid the government allow me to have an effective weapon to defend myself and family from tyranny..... :soap:   stepping down........

Then there's this:

https://www.turlockcitynews.com/crime/item/4515-ceres-swat-aids-in-the-arrest-of-three-for-turlock-home-invasion

1st time I've read about one used in a crime and the authorities are charging them with an SBR AND an illegal assault rifle - this could be a significant turn for the worse with regards to the Sig brace.

This is in the PRC so they already violated many laws by just having an AR like that, we'll see if the feds get involved in the charges, then it may be an issue.

Quote:

"This is in the PRC so they already violated many laws by just having an AR like that, we'll see if the feds get involved in the charges, then it may be an issue."

Actually I just bought and registered one of these late last year:

http://www.diamondbackfirearms.com/product?id=66

They were offering a special california version that came with a bullet button and a plastic block

stuck in the mag well - that allowed it to qualify for the Single Shot Exemption and be registered as

a single shot pistol then of course it was returned to semi auto config and that's that - legal! <thumbsup>

Now, since the 1st of Jan to qualify for the SSE the weapon has to be originally manufactured as 

a single shot and I think (could be wrong) it has to be a bolt action break barrel config also.

Edited by guruofhotrod

Then there's this:

Forgot to mention that these guys were real geniuses - doing a home invasion robbery while on probation and wearing an ankle monitor - absolutely brilliant!!

"The GCA does not define the term “redesign” and therefore ATF applies the common meaning.
“Redesign” is defined as “to alter the appearance or function of.”"

This seems to me to be a critical part of the latest letter. As long as you do not alter the brace then it should be fine......just hope the courts see it the same way........

It'll be tough for prosecutors to get the SBR charge to stick, even with all the other things these dickheads did.

Hold it up in court, give the definition of SBR, see it doesn't fit that definition, charge dropped. 

I'd like to think that's how it would go in a court in most other states, anyway - State the charge, view the evidence, debate the proof of the evidence...