• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Hawaii Anyone?

planeflyer21

Thanks Sketch!

Finally found their revised statutes online.  Permit for everything...purchase, transfer, inheritance, and of course the "show a need" permit to carry concealed.

Ironically there are no restrictions on WHERE you may carry, once you have that permit.

State officials in Hawai'i are having a tissy right now, due to the federal 9th district ruling against Cali on "show a need" permitting processes.  As I have relatives there now (needing a job), seems like an opportune time to expand operations. 

• 7 years later...

After living in Florida where gun ownership is simple, Hawaii gun laws raise questions- 1) why must we "register" our guns? 2) why ban silencers and high capacity pistol mags (yet you can own 50 cal rifles) 3) why make it so hard, almost impossible, to conceal carry? 4) what are you supposed to do if you get carjacked or robbed at gunpoint? - criminals ignore gun laws....

No castle doctrine either.

But, the weather is great.

And, pineapples are cheap. 

20221111_104229.jpg

20221013_133841.jpg

To answer your questions as simply and bluntly as possible (even though you may already know the answers).

1) why must we "register" our guns?    Because Hawaii says so.

2) why ban silencers and high capacity pistol mags (yet you can own 50 cal rifles)    Because Hawaii says so.

3) why make it so hard, almost impossible, to conceal carry?   Because Hawaii says so.

4) what are you supposed to do if you get carjacked or robbed at gunpoint?   Pray you don't get killed before the cops eventually show up to take your statement.

You appear to have traded freedoms for weather.  I'll keep Wisconsin's winters and hopefully the freedoms we now enjoy.

Welcome to the forum.  My answers may have been covered in snark, but basically that is what it comes down to.  State gun laws make no sense.

I concur 100% I spent a great vacation with my wife on Maui it was awesome great food lots of sun ,but! I would not live there if you paid me 100,000 bucks a month never have I seen a more liberal, out of touch with reality place in my life and yes there are criminals there just like everywhere else do you think they care about you ? my advice is leave if you can and tell the local government why you are leaving hold them accountable for your rights . If you can not leave become active and speak out..... welcome to the forum.....