• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Vtac Sling modification Vtac Btac

beachmaster

So, the Vtac sling is a great design, but some people have seen some room for improvement. Recently, one of these people looked to me to make those improvements, and this is what I came up with.

NCM_0518_zpsupuonjvf.jpg

The Vtac utilized all polypropylene construction, which is pretty strong, and cheap, but not nearly as high quality as nylon. It is also much bulkier. I replaced all of the polypropylene in the padded section with my milspec nylon.

The Vtac also includes plastic hardware, which my strap does away with entirely.

The Vtac includes two plastic double retaining bars at each intersection. This is unnecessary with the proper locking technique with a single locking bar, but with the thick polypropylene, the proper locking technique is impossible. I included two metal locking bars anyways.

NCM_0519_zpsmatvmkgo.jpg

Like everything that I do, function comes first, but form has its place. Not only does a 550 two strand diamond knot look great, but it holds better than a simple over hand knot, which has always failed me. (Only when I really needed it of course)

I took the initiative to replace the old polypropylene piece, but will include it in case the owner prefers it, as I will do with all original parts.

NCM_0517_zpswkjzm4lg.jpg

NCM_0520_zpsql48hh1h.jpg

Here is the final product. I believe it to be not only stronger than the original, but also more esthetically pleasing, and more comfortable.

This section of Vtac sling, called the Vtac Btac, is available as a custom order for $30, which includes shipping. It might be like buying a new sling, but it is about as much work too.

The complete sling will be available for $60+ s&h as a custom order.

1" nylon colors include black, coyote tan, and Loden Olive Drab.

For the 1.5" section under the 550 cord padding, only coyote tan is available.

550 cord colors include coyote tan, dark Olive Drab, patriot tan, black, multicam, and Acu

If you have a custom order, or would like an existing sling to be modified, simply send me a pm, and I will gladly work with you. If it can be done to a sling, I can do it!

Edited by beachmaster

The twin locking bars might not be necessary in a Beachin Tactical sling, since the proper lock can be achieved by weaving your webbing through the single bar three times, but that is not possible with the stock Vtac sling.

That being said, I hadn't thought of using a second locking bar to secure excess webbing. With a proper lock on one of my slings, it could work... ill have to see how well though. :-)

There is ~36' of 550 there. :-) of course a single strand of 550 has 7 inner strands, so that is a total of like 288' of cord including the outer jacket. :-)

Edited by beachmaster

Hey guys, I got my metal cams in, and I think that I have finalized my design, and my pricing.

I believe that i will offer two options. A 1.5" top section, and a 1" top section.

The 1.5" model would be 1.5" from rifle sling swivel to sliding cam lock. I dont know whether or not this would be esthetically pleasing to everyone... so I guess ill have to post a picture.

I will be able to keep my new prices lower due to the simplified design.

Forum member pricing-

1"-$45

1.5"-$50

For the webbing on the 1.5", I can only do coyote tan.

Pics soon. :-)

• 3 years later...

So when I was looking for a sling for my new rifle, I knew there was only one place to look. I was never really sold on Jacob's quick release slings though, especially since I have on order a quick release swivel attached to an m-lock mount (excuse the pictures for the sling not being fully attached for that reason). My favorite sling I have ever used has been a Vtac sling though and I recalled running across this thread. 

So I contacted Jacob. He immediately got exited, stating he hadn't done a vtac btac in like a year. I told him I would like it in Kryptek Typhon. For 550 cord colors we talked about black and gray. 

Once again, Jacob delivered. I plan on doing a full review once I get the rest of the mounting hardware, I just couldn't hold back on showing such a beautiful sling off. I might be a bit biased, but I think this is the most gorgeous sling he has ever made! I really can't understand why more people haven't wanted these and why the vtac btac isn't standard on his line. 

Look for a review of this thing being run through some tactical evaluations in the future. But for now, enjoy the view. :cool:20180521_232531.thumb.jpg.04dc5a2990ac364cbec3de7b450c1903.jpg20180521_232552.thumb.jpg.25fdcae5adcb153f7cfc877fc7c49765.jpg20180521_232607.thumb.jpg.be37ec6263df3ff9f10c9aab366aae18.jpg

I love two slings.  V-TAC Mk1 slings, and Beachin' slings.

I don't know how many V-TAC Mk1s I have, but I'd bet it's 10. I don't know how many Beachin' slings I have - but I need to rotate them out and get the buckle added, and it'll take some time, and be expensive...   :laffs: 

Jacob, you have a standard quote to add the adjusting buckle to one of your existing slings?

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys!

Ok, so I am going to add it to my lineup, but first one of my buddies is going to take one to the field for a month to really make sure everything is dialed in.

A lot has changed since some of you guys started buying from me. A lot a lot lol

Anyways, if anybody wants one from the forum shoot me a pm, and alterations can be made at this stage as desired.

I appreciate you guys!