• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

45 degree offset sights

So on an AR 15 build I did recently I used a non QD scope mount, so traditional flipup sights weren't going to work for back up.

I ended up spending just over $30 for a set of 45 degree offset sights off eBay. They are A2 styled

They sighted in very well, but the A2 elevation wheel is just a solid piece, and some of the springs are sub standard.

There is a supposedly "American made" version of these sights available for $80 but hosetly they look to be the exact sights I have except with the company logo screened on it. So I'm hesitant to buy these for my AR-10 build.

There is another company that makes a set that looks to be extremely high quality, but at $250 it's really not worth the price for back up sights.

What offset sights do you use?

So on an AR 15 build I did recently I used a non QD scope mount, so traditional flipup sights weren't going to work for back up.

I ended up spending just over $30 for a set of 45 degree offset sights off eBay. They are A2 styled

They sighted in very well, but the A2 elevation wheel is just a solid piece, and some of the springs are sub standard.

Stay away from FleaBay for firearms parts.  You probably bought some airsoft-grade junk. 

Why do people not learn this?  Buy your firearms parts from a reputable firearms, or firearms parts vendor.  Pay what they cost.  Those parts will work.  If, by some chance they don't work, that reputable vendor will take care of you.

FleaBay won't take care of you.

I'm off my rant now, until the next time someone brings up a topic that their parts "that are the same as xxx brand, except for the logo" don't work like they're supposed to.

I troll fleabay pretty often. just need to know what you are looking at. never buy off brand stuff, and know how to tell if the branded stuff you are looking at is real. there is a universe of good deals in there if you are careful.

my discontinued $15 BM/YHM front sight should be here Monday. if its the real deal, ill keep one and probably use the other for $70 worth of trade fodder on the big AR forum. hustle up! if its not, Paypal will throw my money right back at me.

Edited by blue109

I heard Troy was releasing a set of offset sights, but they didn't have anything at SHOT to show off.

KAC and Magpul make great sets.

JP Rifles makes a quick aiming mount, that looks good for anything short distance.

XS Sight Sys makes a pretty genius setup.

Diamond head makes a set, but I'm not really impressed with them.

Stay away from FleaBay for firearms parts. You probably bought some airsoft-grade junk.

Why do people not learn this? Buy your firearms parts from a reputable firearms, or firearms parts vendor. Pay what they cost. Those parts will work. If, by some chance they don't work, that reputable vendor will take care of you.

FleaBay won't take care of you.

I'm off my rant now, until the next time someone brings up a topic that their parts "that are the same as xxx brand, except for the logo" don't work like they're supposed to.

It helps if you read the first post.

The company that sells the $80 version is called American Defense, it really does look like a re-branded $20 set. I don't think I'm about to spend the time and money to be proven wrong.

Thanks for the new avenues to pursue, I do like the KAC and the MagPul sets.

The eBay set served its purpose in showing me what I want in an offset sight set. And it's worth the money for the insight it gave me.

What I like about it is,

1) it is low profile.

2) it does not fold.

3) it uses a familiar A2 design.

4) it is adjustable for 300-600 yards

The Dueck Defense was the $250 set I was referencing in the first post, it does fit the things I like about the cheapie set, but it's still $100 more than the KAC and MagPul sets.

So far the KAC set is adjustable for different ranges, but it has the drawback of being pop-up, and it doesn't look as low profile.

It helps if you read the first post.

I did read your first post...

Why do people not learn this?  Buy your firearms parts from a reputable firearms, or firearms parts vendor.  Pay what they cost.  Those parts will work.  If, by some chance they don't work, that reputable vendor will take care of you.

That last comment I quoted wasn't directed at you specifically, it has long been common here to see complaints from members who bought knock-offs on FleaBay. Being that it is a company that doesn't support 2nd Amendment rights is the first reason I don't buy off Ebay, the successive reasons are the ones Tom already mentioned. It's hard to go wrong buying from reputable sellers/manufacturers.

I put a set of these on my AR15 I use for 3 gun matches;

http://www.amazon.com/Advanced-Optics-45-Degree-Transition-Backup/dp/B006X9DLQM/ref=pd_sim_sbs_sg_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=1NBHP03H1B3ENWTQR8T4

They seem to be pretty solid but I haven't used them yet. Yeah, I cheaped out on these but If they hold up okay then they will do what I need from them. I might shoot 2 or 3 3 gun matches in a year and I can't see spending a couple of hundred dollars on a set of offset sights for a a few close in shots a year.

• 2 years later...

That's not a few extra bucks Jetdoc! That's $177 difference! As for being a life saving device, I have a LOT of other guns I'll grab before my competition rifle in a SHTF situation! And yeah, I know just a little bit about life saving devices and tense situations.