• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Geissele G2S

survivalshop

For those who have this Fire Control Group , I recently swapped out my G2S from my 16" 308AR to my 24" Ar 15 & upon disassembly I noticed some thing that could have caused problems with the G2S & how the Hammer pin is secured in the Receiver . 

I should have noticed this from the installing it in the first place , but over looked it . Check the Photo's below , the G2S Hammer pin is held in place with in the Hammer with a clip that comes with it , since it doesn't have the J-spring imbedded in the Hammers Pin Hole .

This is the clip that is used to secure the pin with in the Receiver , it fits in a recess on the Hammer .

DSCN2446.JPG

I used the same pins that were in the std Hammer to the new G2S with the clip installed on the Hammer , not really looking at the pin . I guess I was excited about a good trigger going in my 16" 308AR <dontknow>

DSCN2445.JPG

If you look closely at the one pin , which was in the Hammer , it has only one grove in it & is good if the hammer has the J spring in it , but the normal two grove , should be used with the out side grove going toward the keeper clip on the right side of the Hammer . To secure it correctly , like the spring tail of the Hammer Spring does for the Trigger Pin .

DSCN2444.JPG

Edited by survivalshop

I've had some other trigger groups that come with pins with one groove each, but I can't remember what they are exactly.  One pin with a groove in the center, other pin only has a groove towards the outside.  Not very common, but used in other triggers out there, too.

• 1 year later...
23 hours ago, mineralman55 said:

Just a follow up on this. Have you had any problems with the G2S? I installed one on an AR15 quite a few months ago and haven't had any problems with it. Very nice 2-stage trigger so far.

No issues at all , I almost ordered another one the other day , but my security system took a $hit & had to invest in replacing it .

• 2 weeks later...

I have two of the G2S's, and I 've installed several over the last few years. Basically, they are identical to the SSA, only the G2S is batch inspected and doesn't have the laser engraving on it like the SSA does, and doesn't use the little spring clip like the G2S. Very good triggers at excellent prices, especially if you catch them on sale. I just got another one from Primary Arms for $123. 

• 2 weeks later...

Cyber Monday G2S deal $ 115 with free tool & Swag . I just ordered one . I put this in the Coupon section also.

https://geissele.com/geissele-2-stage-trigger.html?utm_medium=email&sslid=MzIxtTQ3MzA0sjAEAA&sseid=M7Y0NjM0MDIxBgA&jobid=1d9d3dc8-156e-4249-a90d-fcddbfa6ddce

Edited by survivalshop

• 2 weeks later...

I'm really liking the one I got from PA over the Halloween sale.  Think it was $123.  Damn good trigger for that price, or higher even.

I hit all the engagement and sear surfaces with some Justice Brothers gear oil treatment, and the damn thing is smoooooth... 

I still have the most of the grease that came with my two SSA's , I use it on all my FCG's .One other good thing about this Trigger . I have one that had to be slightly modified to fit a DPMS Factory Receiver , will take photos' compare both FCG's , for those who may have the same issue . Mod'd is from Geissele , they sent me a Diagram with instructions , but i'm not done looking for it yet . 

I wonder if they have altered the newer G2S's 

I picked up a G2S a year ago with the plan to put it in my old Colt HBAR, forgetting about the fact that needs a large pin instead of the small pin system used now. And those large pin ones never go on sale! I am going to put the G2S in an Olympic Arms carbine I have when I get around to it.

I took the Geissele FCG from the 16" DPMS 308AR out & compared it to the new one & you can see the Back of the Hammer on the one to the right has been altered another 15 Deg. to work correctly in some DPMS, LR"s , I believe I did it with a File , because it wasn't much to make the system work . 

I put a new ( I've had it sitting around for a while ) Rough Justice from Mecharmor in the 16" 308AR & put that G2S in my 24" Olympic Arms AR 15 & the new G2S in my BRO build . More then likely the G2S will go back in the 16" 308AR & the Rough Justice will go into the BRO build .

The only thing I see different is the Hammer Spring is a different color .

DSCN2786.JPG 

Edited by survivalshop