• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

A nice 400 round day

Sisco

Son came back in town last night, so the two of us hit the range today.. Went through 100 5.56,100 7.62x39, 100 45 acp, and 100 7.62x51. Forgot my cell phone and his was dead, so no pics unfortunately. Did try moly coated 168 grain BT from HSM in 7.62x51, and they impressed me with their accuracy. Even better, my sons groups were better than mine. Any Dads out there know that is better than doing it yourself, to see them able to hit what they aim at. All in all, a very nice, if expensive afternoon.

Only 400 rounds? Slackers!

We only had 2 1/2 hours!

By the way, cleaning out the bore after the moly coated bullets was not as bad as I thought. Hoppes no 9 didn't work as good as some of the new Break Free bore blaster stuff to get the residual moly out, however. Then went with a new Amzoil coating lubricant over the BCG will be interested to see how that works.

400-rd is a good day - nothing bad about that, at all. 

I'd like to hear more about this stuff, too...

Then went with a new Amzoil coating lubricant over the BCG will be interested to see how that works.

A local product and I misspelled. Its Amsoil. Recommends not wiping excess off, as it will penetrate the surface of the metal. I am going to try it on one of my AR10's and a AR15 and evaluate it over the next six months. Also on a 1911.post-13300-0-51740500-1437069865_thumb.j

A local product and I misspelled. Its Amsoil. Recommends not wiping excess off, as it will penetrate the surface of the metal. I am going to try it on one of my AR10's and a AR15 and evaluate it over the next six months. Also on a 1911. image.jpg

Interested to hear your tesamonial, I run their product in my bike, quad, lawnmower and used to use their mix in my ice auger but I got a propane one last winter.