• Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Help me finish!

shazam

I was thinking 

Lantac dragon

all those awesome choices and you want a Lantac dragon?  that thing is fuggly.....gas tubes ...brands dont mean much....scope mount...what scope are you thinking of using?  get a JP Benny Cooley or a PRI quiet brake   so you can run off the guy on either side of you         Wash

Edited by washguy

• 3 months later...

Hey guys does anyone have a side by side of the Bennie Cooley brake standard vs large style? I'm going with a criterion barrel from brownells

http://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts/barrel-parts/rifle-barrels/308-ar-stainless-steel-barrels-prod80215.aspx

Just want it to look normal ha-ha,if I go with a 20in barrel I need the .750 compensator correct?

• 1 month later...

When you pull the charging handle all the way back and release it on a full magazine does the round chamber and fire okay? do you soak the upper friction points and BCG and bolt rings with lube oil? keep the oil out of the chamber.  Mobil 1 motor oil works for me.

I was thinking that it just needed some breaking in. I lubed the hell out of it, I brought it to the shop that headspaced it. They were going to polish the throat? This is my first and wanted to make sure everything was in order. I chose an Odin Works adjustable gas block, nearly cranked the gas adjustment all the way. I figured it was an excessive amount of gas, amongst the lube I used I thought something else was the issue. Plus the casing had a "snake bite" on the primer lip.

• 5 weeks later...

Cycles correctly now, vortex optics are awesome. Frigging bi-pod sucks though, its an blackhawk sportster. Does not mate well will my slr handguard, loose as hell. I understand most of you guys are Harris or atlas guys but im only pushing 400-500 yards. The blackhawk is wobbly as hell, the "set-screw" just bottoms out. Should i replace the screw or suck it up and go Harris, atlas is just way to excessive for me me in mass. I think she is quite pretty though huh? haha

IMG_20160227_214532693.jpg

IMG_20160229_010713675.jpg

Edited by shazam

I'd go Harris if price is your main objective. But both are nice (Harris and Atlas) I've got a couple of both of them, and have never had an issue with them.

Watch out when you talk Bipods my man. You can open up a whole can of worms (read as headaches) when you do. A couple of the other brothers around here wore my ass out about bipods (one in particular), when I brought it up one time. Ha!