• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Your Can Cannon is now an SBR

Awesome.

Not finding anything about this in an open search.  Nothing.  Zero References.

EDIT - Just found it on WEVO and ARF...

http://www.weaponevolution.com/forum/showthread.php?8312-Can-Cannon-ruled-NFA-item.

https://www.ar15.com/mobile/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=1790231

Cannot find it on X-Products webpage...

EDIT #2.  Oh shiit - they put it on their FB Page...

https://www.facebook.com/xproductsllc?fref=nf

Edited by 98Z5V

The end of the "barrel" is internally threaded, and there's an allen bolt in it.  Stops any "forward" direction of the blast from the BLANK AMMUNITION, and directs it outward, through the side ports in the barrel.  Looks like I need to weld the allen bolt in place, and I'll be good.

So, not to mention HOW many ways this does not fit the classification for a Short Barreled Rifle, but...

* It fires BLANK AMMUNITION...

* It doesn't have a rifled barrel - it's a smooth-bore...

* It's not firing a projectile contained in a cartridge... 

The list goes on...

Can you imagine how much safer I feel now that there is a formal determination on this dangerous can-launching, smooth-bore, blank-using, looks like a fun thing to play with device by our heroes at BATFE?  So glad my government took care of another serious problem.  Nice prioritization of tax expenditures, you assholez!

The ATF FIRST fucked themselves on this "determination" by the very legal definition that they say is "What are "firearms" under the NFA?":

This is their "Rifle" definition:

Rifle
. A rifle is a firearm designed to be fired from the shoulder and designed to use the energy of an explosive in a fixed cartridge to
fire only a single projectile through a rifled barrel for each single pullof the trigger.
A rifle subject to the NFA has a barrel or barrels of less than 16 inches in length.

Contained here, right on their website - I've saved a copy, right now, in case they wanna change it overnight...

ATFs website has suddenly become ALOT more confusing...  I'm just throwing that out there.  I haven't been on it in awhile, but it's pretty damn difficult to find information - that was readily available in the past - right now. 

Right now, it's tough to even find their definition of "Short Barreled Rifle..."

Molon Labe...  Come get it, but back yourself with the law.  It's not even fitting the definition of a "Rifle," so it can't EVEN fall into the "Short Barreled Rifle" category...

It's not a Destructive Device ("DD"), because it doesn't fire an explosive...

Come get it.  Let's see how this shakes out in court, bitches.

Fuk that - they're ALL good to go.  ALL Can Cannons... 

If they can't even meet the definition of "Rifle" in the first place, then they're not even "Rifles."  They CERTAINLY can't meet the definition of "Short Barreled Rifle..."

Since they're not even "Rifles" in the first place...

"Energy of an explosive" would seem to be contrary to BATF's definition of a propellant.

Rifle
. A rifle is a firearm designed to be fired from the shoulder and designed to use the energy of an explosive in a fixed cartridge to
fire only a single projectile through a rifled barrel for each single pullof the trigger.
A rifle subject to the NFA has a barrel or barrels of less than 16 inches in length.