• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

.300 sub relodes

sketch

Looking for a tried recipie for a subsonic round based on supressor configuration for a .300 blk reloade? Ie: powder primer bullet?

also looking in the 220 gn bullet range if you can find a cheep source let me know. Maybe 210? I see them but not cheep?  Any recomendations or help much apreciated! Still waiting but never stop moving forward

Edited by sketch

Im punching paper for shits and giggles cheap?

I always wondered if you were shooting sub-sonic then are you able to use hard cast lead? Not sure if it would mess up the gas system but if they are really subsonic they shouldn't lead the barrel anyways right?

I've never shot anything but FMJ outta my weapons so I really don't know.

A lot of guys reloading subsonic with cast bullets are powdercoating the bullets. They tumble the bullets in a bucket with the powder then bake them in the oven. Seems to be the way to go with 300 BLK cast bullet loads. A lot of the guys over at www.300blktalk.com do it and there is quite a bit of discussion about it in the reloading section of the board.

I always wondered if you were shooting sub-sonic then are you able to use hard cast lead? Not sure if it would mess up the gas system but if they are really subsonic they shouldn't lead the barrel anyways right?

I've never shot anything but FMJ outta my weapons so I really don't know.

You're basically shooting the same velocities as a handgun load so cast bullets aren't a problem at subsonic speeds. Subsonic is roughly less than 1050 FPS. I've shot thousands of 357 and 44 magnum cast bullets loads in the 1200 FPS range with no leading problems.

Edited by 392heminut

You're basically shooting the same velocities as a handgun load so cast bullets aren't a problem at subsonic speeds. Subsonic is roughly less than 1050 FPS. I've shot thousands of 357 and 44 magnum cast bullets loads in the 1200 FPS range with no leading problems.

That's kind of what I was thinking and why I mentioned it. If you reload and want to shoot 300 BLK @ subonic speeds then hard cast lead would be the most cost effective option.

So there you have it Sketch...the cheapest option to plink or punch paper with.

Thank you gentelmen! Hemi if i powder over the hardcast wouldnt that change the diamiter of the projo?

If lead really causes little issues where can i find said hard cast lead  Projos? 

Also is the load ratios the same as a fmj projo? Thanks for your paitence still learning this game.

Sketch, some of the guys over on that board size the bullets after powdercoating but most of them don't.

Here's another option if you don't want to cast and or powder coat your own;

http://palmettoprojectiles.com/collections/projectiles/products/1000ct-203gr-300-blackout-projectiles

They seem to be well liked over on that forum.

Oh forgot to mention  - the official AA1680 load data is from here

http://blog.westernpowders.com/WP_LoadSpec_1-23-14.pdf

Checked with my distro (prices exclude shipping)

• SIE2240C Sierra Bullet .30 7.62MM 220gr HPBT Match (500ct) $198.13 
  • SIE2240 Sierra Bullet .30 7.62MM 220gr HPBT Match (50ct 100ct) $42.12 
  • SIE9240T SIERRA BULLET 30 (.308) 210GR (50 ct) $32.30
  • HDY3090 Hornady 30 CAL .308 220 GR RN (100ct) $29.77 (I've not used these but supposedly these pack a punch on impact and will load fine in AR-style rifles)

Anyone else intersted? I think I can leverage better prices if I get a big enough order going.

Edited by shibiwan

Wow lot of info bro thank you!

Of your recmondations which is your go to?

Personally I prefer the standard jacketed bullets. Wait till the Hornady A-Max comes back in stock and I'll see if I can get you a price. They are usually the most cost effective off-the-shelf "conventional" jacketed bullets.