• Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Last years Moose Hunt

CrashOverRide.308

• 3 months later...
15 hours ago, RRS said:

I've not gotten drawn, YET, but moose is the best tasting big game animal, side note, I shot an antelope with my bow last year and let me tell ya that meat is great too, close second!

I'd love to get a moose someday. But I'll qualify your antelope. When I lived in CO I had a lot of antelope. Some was tasty, most of it was gamey at best. Low on my list of "eatable".

15 hours ago, mineralman55 said:

I'd love to get a moose someday. But I'll qualify your antelope. When I lived in CO I had a lot of antelope. Some was tasty, most of it was gamey at best. Low on my list of "eatable".

Oh dude come on, pronghorn is the chit my brother, ask any of us MT guys!

Take Randy Newberg for instance, he'll tell ya pronghorn are his favorite big game meat, as will lots of others, I like moose, hell I like it all, we haven't eaten any "government meat" like store bought pharmaceutical filled beef or chicken etc in many a year! ;-)

You must not have handled the meat right post kill, or something... haha.

14 hours ago, RRS said:

Naw, sure I'd eat a Ribeye if you were serving it, wouldn't buy one though.

Do you mean you would rather traipse all day out in the cold-ass woods to shoot Bull-Winkle to eat rather than go into town and eat some dead cow meat at Apple-bees? You must not be an Oboma Democrat!

7 hours ago, mrmackc said:

Do you mean you would rather traipse all day out in the cold-ass woods to shoot Bull-Winkle to eat rather than go into town and eat some dead cow meat at Apple-bees? You must not be an Oboma Democrat!

Yep, thats precisely what I mean, but its usually elk, deer, pronghorn, birds like grouse, turkey, ducks and geese, have not killed a moose yet myself.

There are 4 people in my family who are eligible to buy tags, so there is no shortage of meat to go around, especially if you add in the fish! LOL.

Ya. hunting for meat to feed my family with a rifle or a bow is about as anti democratic party as one can possibly be.

Edited by RRS