• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Sum of a bfg

sketch

Paint is done now to re asemble the sum and get you guys some picks! .... when i get the rest of the guts haha! Soon. 

Found a new target on the side of the road on my way home today. Anyone shoot at a bowling ball?

image.jpg

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

the sum is in working order gents, but not finished... i have to testfire again but im sure it will fire once! 

I need some specific parts for a satisfication build but most are easy to figure out... for others? 

First frustration is the paint.. so much paint makes a big tolerance fitment issue! Ive been sanding for hours! Second is the paint i need to get a grip to match... i choose not to have it painted due to weare and tare and havent had time to look for the one.

Fire control pins seem loose.. maybe need some anti walk pins? 

The fing barrel is to damn big for quick release sling mount! Haha barrel is to big! 

Last thing needed is some @toolndie7 work for the bolt assist but it will work untill all that mess is figured out.. oh and range time?

• 5 weeks later...

Finnially got rnds down range.. I'm not sure how I lightened the sum with 4 layers of paint and optics but man this is a hard hitting Bfg! I really like the clean 1/2" holes in paper that makes it unique.. I'm going to try a lesser load instead of 405 gn I have some 335's ( can't remember brain is jarred silly) in the mail .. here's the latest target . 7 rnds #1 was off the board and so on. @ 5 yds.. I might adjust to the right when I recover..

Picks not working again..

• 3 weeks later...

im needing a break! tromix has a 65$ matching break which is a good to go but if you guys have anyother option i should try that wont rip my muffs off my ears id be willing to give it a go.. 5/8×24 i belive rh tpi.

ive decided (ish) on the bowers vers supressor for the long run but its just the long run thus far.. i will decide once i can can! the liberty mystic x is a close second but barrel lengh might void their warrenty.. to many options and restrictions.. 

back to the ? any 50 cal breakes i should look for recommended.. thanks fellas!

• 3 weeks later...

well shits i had picks on the phone then i updated the phone .. in the neck haha ! ill do a new pic shoot this weekend but.. the 300 gn freedoms ammo was better for the target / sights , i was by myself so vids are worthless.. damn!  no break in sight just yet.. im thinking saving for the can. as this is just what it deserves.. boom!! it really is setting the tone at the range.. the sum has its place!!