• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

New to ar10's

Chiefsdom76

On ‎7‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 0:21 AM, Chiefsdom76 said:

What are the best uppers for Tennessee arms lower. And stupid 2nd?. 

Ditto, Aero M5 fits the TNArms lower about the best. You'll have to sand a bit of the upper deck on the TNArms to make it fit, but that is the way they are designed. Check out my build thread on the TNArms lower.

Mega uppers do not fit. SI Defense/Falkor uppers do not fit. I've tried. These are superbly made, but again, the curse of the 308AR hits because there is no "mil spec".

• 3 months later...

So, is it a Savage or an Armalite? If it's made by Savage, the AR10 designation is incorrect. It's a very common mistake, but it becomes a costly mistake when it's time to buy aftermarket parts for a particular platform. Knowing the difference can (and hopefully does) save you a good deal of irritation and wasted time/money.

Believe me, this place is going to cause you to need every cent you can possibly spare. 

Finally and foremost, welcome to the forums. Make yourself at home here!

21 minutes ago, Matt.Cross said:

So, is it a Savage or an Armalite? If it's made by Savage, the AR10 designation is incorrect. It's a very common mistake, but it becomes a costly mistake when it's time to buy aftermarket parts for a particular platform. Knowing the difference can (and hopefully does) save you a good deal of irritation and wasted time/money.

Believe me, this place is going to cause you to need every cent you can possibly spare. 

Finally and foremost, welcome to the forums. Make yourself at home here!

Matt     He cant screw up too bad....cause his Savage will prolly only take Savage parts and no others....but its the Baddest AR10 out now so he doesn't need an effin thing :lmao:    Wash

Buck  I got some info for you...here's the 6.5 creedmore which is supposed to be a really accurate round...here it is at 100 yds

7 min mark is the testing of MOA

Buck   here's the savage 308   4min mark testing of MOA

These  are different guys with two different Savage rifles and two different calibers cant seem to shoot Moa even at 100 yds...  What gives?

Wash

Edited by washguy

On 11/19/2017 at 3:13 PM, washguy said:

Buck  I got some info for you...here's the 6.5 creedmore which is supposed to be a really accurate round...here it is at 100 yds

7 min mark is the testing of MOA

I absolutely LOVE the backwards scope mount in this one.  From an "authority..."

11 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

I absolutely LOVE the backwards scope mount in this one.  From an "authority..."

I've been seeing this more and more. It's good in that new (but inexperienced) people are getting involved with shooting. It's bad that someone is going to put their eye out eventually. It's good, because it will send more business to Armed Eye Doc.

9 hours ago, mineralman55 said:

I've been seeing this more and more. It's good in that new (but inexperienced) people are getting involved with shooting. It's bad that someone is going to put their eye out eventually. It's good, because it will send more business to Armed Eye Doc.

Maybe I should advertise that I treat scope eye.

11 hours ago, Armed Eye Doc said:

Maybe I should advertise that I treat scope eye.

Now there's a thought we could exploit. "Scope eye" could be the next big medical "non-issue", like IBS. We could come up with all sorts of grant proposals, we'll have to buy lots of new rifles, ammunition and every scope mount on the market to test every possible combination to see just how severe the injuries are, see if two piece rings are safer than one-piece scope rings, what materials are safest. Man oh man, this could be the gold mine.

2 hours ago, mineralman55 said:

Now there's a thought we could exploit. "Scope eye" could be the next big medical "non-issue", like IBS. We could come up with all sorts of grant proposals, we'll have to buy lots of new rifles, ammunition and every scope mount on the market to test every possible combination to see just how severe the injuries are, see if two piece rings are safer than one-piece scope rings, what materials are safest. Man oh man, this could be the gold mine.

Id even be your huckleberry for that!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys. So Matt.Cross and Washguy, you're right about the Armalite vs DPMS version types.

I had read these systems enough to know the difference but like forgetting it's a new year and still signing the previous yr date, I get it backwards and I know it's because I just like the word ...AR10 .

Like - F16, Hoppes #9, VHS, WWE, huh.

I wouldn't want any non shooters to think what I bought wasn't fancy.