• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Live Free Armory 308 Manufacturer

acgeorge

13 minutes ago, Robocop1051 said:

Who's buying them? I've never seen one here. I don't mind adding more names to our wall, but will they be around in a few weeks?

Chris Reideman.  This guy, brother.  He's the whole reason Matrix Aerospace had a position:

https://forum.308ar.com/forum/126-matrix-aerospace/

I believe he is machining his own receivers now so the matrix info might not apply. I know one member here that bought an early LF rifle, he had big issues to start but they fixed him up in the end, totally replaced the rifle eventually. Chris stands by his stuff. I see he is selling custom builders kits now;

https://www.livefreearmory.com/product/308-build-your-own-kit/

3 hours ago, survivalshop said:

Ya , we have a manufacturer that doesn't have a Rifle in production yet in that section , why not one that does :lmao:.  Sorry Rob :laffs::hornet: I couldn't help myself .:lmao:

Ouch. Stings!

8 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

Maybe modify the Matrix position with a slash?  Live Free/Matrix Aerospace?...  Not sure...

The bulk of the information is in the Matrix section...

I like this idea. Then we don't have to repeat info already discussed 

7 hours ago, Robocop1051 said:

Ouch. Stings!

I like this idea. Then we don't have to repeat info already discussed 

It will also catch previous info, on Matrix stuff.  Almost all Matrix stuff went through him anyway.  :thumbup:

16 hours ago, Robocop1051 said:

Who's buying them? I've never seen one here. I don't mind adding more names to our wall, but will they be around in a few weeks?

I just won a bid at Gunbroker for a matched set, $116 (got lucky:banana:). Should be seeing it in a week or two, to move forward with my build.

Buttonbuck owns a LFA 308AR rifle. I may use use a receiver and rail set from him on my next 308 build. Bought a 300 BO pistol upper from them for dad, it was very nice for the $200, nitron BCG and never a failure. Used a 5.56 receiver and rail set for a lightweight build that was problem free.

• 1 year later...

Great rifle I bought the BA Hybrid.  It was a thermal hog/yote gun from inception, but turned into a deer rifle too.  I'm not a polished marksman in terms of paper punching competition I couldn't hold a candle to many of you guys.  Having said that I shoot my deer the high shoulder/spine out of necessity being in the swamp and it never failed me they drop in their shadow.  I have since gone to a PWS 7.62x39 the 308AR was just too dang heavy to carry around all night hog hunting.  Especially shooting offhand that thing was a bear by 2 am. to keep accurate for this ol fart.  x39  with suppressor, loaded 20 round mag, thermal and rifle just a smidge under 10 pounds been a great rifle for me dropped ~ 70 hogs with it this year.  

Edited by buttonbuck

1 hour ago, jtallen83 said:

@buttonbuck Long time no see Brother! So the LFA rifle is still running fine then? How long have you had it now?

Hey man yea it was a great rifle, but I ended up selling it to fund a dream rig.  Always had capable rifles, but had never really splurged for everything I really wanted from top to bottom.  Long story short I found out how well the 7.62x39 can run in a property built AR.  So much so a little experiment became a push to build a light sweet hog dream rig that pushed a tad over $6k with new thermal and suppressor. Chris is a really good dude and had I not finally gone balls deep into a dream rifle build I'd still be ripping it.  Shot it out to 500 on 10" steel off the hood of truck with an old Nikon 3-9 which didn't do it justice that BA barrel is capable of more work than I can give it.   

Edited by buttonbuck

12 hours ago, sketch said:

6k how many hogs do you whak for a x39 build?  pics bro! 

the rifle was not much  it's the optics and can that ate up 3/4 of that.  if hunted hogs 12 months it would be meh dunno 150 a year?  only hunted them from feb-may this year.    had to get something lighter the 308ar with 20, thermal and can is just a lug to tote all night.  i've got a property lining up for next year that if okayed i bet 30 a month w/o batting an eye and that's where the cost savings on ammo will add up fast

Edited by buttonbuck

• 4 weeks later...