• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

PMAGS rule..army is a hater.

On 9/19/2017 at 7:10 AM, blue109 said:

Looks like a 2015. evaluation showed PMAGS to be the best magazines. The ARMY decided to spend the money to develop their own mag anyway. 

In 2015, the Army decided that most of the magazine failures were because of the followers in the mags.  Instead of buying the MagPul followers (that they tested), then changed it up and had their own made.  Changed the position of the top round in the mag.  Fucked up training habits big time with it.  "Where's the top round in the mag?..."

Here's the "improved tan follower" against the older green follower.

4177504666_461c833953.jpg

Here's a "tan follower" and the MagPul follower.

Followers-Top.jpg?resize=600,359

Here's how the MagPul followers have changed.

2j5o28i.jpg

Big Army didn't want to pay money to MagPul - so the ripped the primary changes and move the "hump."  Fuckers.

14 hours ago, blue109 said:

Like how they "developed" their own  camo pattern that looks exactly like multicam but one of the colors is a slightly different shade. Guess Crye Precision didnt have good enough hookers and blow to keep the contract.

This is it, right here.  You nailed it. 

They solicit for great shiit - and they get great shiit from great companies. Exactly AT that point, some fucking cheapass beancounter jumps in and tells them to change something in the slightest way, then contract THAT out to a manufacturer.  Lowest bidding manufacturer...   "We need you to make THIS..."

They went super-cheap-corporate.  There's zero room for that shiit in the defense of this nation, but they've done it anyway.

One of the many reasons I'm glad to NOT be a part of that process/organization anymore.

They've burned enough really good companies in the last decade - they'll soon find out that the people that really DO have the answers for them won't even enter a bid in their "solicitations" anymore - because those companies know that, in the end, they'll get fukked...

Edited by 98Z5V

Lancer mags provided me a good example of how crucial tolerances can be for followers. Just a couple hundredths difference between an older version and a new one caused them not to function in my Matrix build.

I have helped the local NG Armorer test mags they bought in bulk from Brownells, said he tries to run them from full three times before he puts them in the mix but has trouble getting the ammunition to do it. He said the same on followers, nearly every feeding issue he has come across was related to the follower.