• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Two New Movies... One Pretty Good, The Other Sucked

mineralman55

I don't normally go to movies because most of the ones in recent years just don't interest me, or were so laced with left-wing political crap as to make it worthless to see. I saw "Dunkirk" earlier this year, and it was good. I thought perhaps some makers had turned the corner to began making good, thoughtful movies.

Maybe, sort of.

I saw "American Assassin" last week, and while it didn't follow the book exactly, it was well done. Action wasn't non-stop, it had its peaks and lulls just as in real life. The main characters were played well, good people doing a hard, difficult work to protect others.

So we went to see "Kingsmen" last night. We enjoyed the first one very much, and was expecting the same kind of tongue-in-cheek parody as the first. It sucked. Big time. Too much "deus ex machine", which leaves open the possibility of another sequel (I'll skip it if it comes out.) They just had to incorporate left-wing crap. Not even smoothly, just forced. Perversion and drug addition are treated not just as normal but as acceptable. They're just good people trying to get by, they're just like us, not bad people at all and if you don't like them you're a callous, boarish cad. Screw this. I don't need to be lectured to at the movies any more than while watching a football game.

I'm into SiFi mostly , & have watched part of Dunkirk , but it was kind of a  strange movie . I get to see the movies that are in theaters now  & I'm not going to say how . I have seen quite a few good SiFi movies lately, some independent . I started to watch the Kingman one , but they were speaking in Russian & that turned me off , not to mention the BS shoot um up chase in the beginning . I'll have to find it in english :laffs:

Edited by survivalshop

8 hours ago, blue109 said:

Also a scifi nerd. That and war movies are the only things I seem to like lately. Couldnt even get through john wick 2. Just too silly.  

i cant wait for jw3!! i started narco the other night on net flix.. girls watched the pirates movie and said it was ok.. i didnt watch it. but as a kid at 5 or 7 years old i went on the disney ride pirates 17 times in a row... haha i got a fake pistol from the gift shop and had it in my carry on bag.. tsa back then wasnt shits but we were detained untill it was rediscovered not a real weapon.. pretty freaky for me at that age.. they gave no shits about a real knife i had! times have changed. I wont go to the movies either.. I can drink beer and 2$ popcorn in my living room, and i dont have a kid show up home with lice! or lead poison:fullauto:

1 hour ago, survivalshop said:

I don't go to the Germ factory's !      I liked ," Passengers"  ," Life " , " The Accountant " , Space Between us " , Antimatter"  & thats just a start , Hurricanes give you time to watch the Tube while you have Internet . 

Agree on those. I thought life was pretty cool but not many others did. Hated the new aliens movie (well, all of them after 1/2 actually) I really liked interstellar even though it was kinda sappy.

I hate to admit it but as much as I dislike that nutjob tom Cruz. ..I like his movies. I love oblivion and edge of tomorrow was cool. 

On 9/26/2017 at 9:53 AM, blue109 said:

If I cant download it for free I dont watch it. I want to make as small a contribution as possible to this countries celebrity industry.  

I'm the same way brother! And I won't spend a fukkin dime on anything to do with the NFL either! These people are paid to entertain us and nothing more. When they start thinking their status as entertainers gives them some sort of elite status and they can push their political beliefs on me because they think they're special then fukk them, IN THE NECK!