• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

This First Amendment Thing

Alamo

So, what if every time ISIS successfully recruited a terrorist online, I came to you and said, “It’s time to have a reasonable, common sense discussion about this First Amendment thing”...”our Founding Fathers could never have anticipated a communications tool as powerful as the internet... it’s able to reach millions of people at once. We need to limit your free speech, not because of something you did, but because of something somebody else did... and yes, I realize that taking away your rights would not and will not prevent ISIS from recruiting now and in the future... but it makes me feel better, and doing something is better than doing nothing.”... would that be “reasonable “ or “common sense “?

Alamo

First I would go to Jimmy Kimmel and show him all the pictures of the women and children slaughtered by this terrorist... pictures of all the weeping girls sold into sexual slavery... all the homosexuals lying crushed on the pavement after being thrown off roofs... and I would lay it all at his feet. I would tell him, “Your anti-American narrative is giving aid and comfort to our enemies... we’re just going to make a few reasonable, common sense adjustments to your free speech”.

On ‎10‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 9:32 PM, Alamo said:

So, what if every time ISIS successfully recruited a terrorist online, I came to you and said, “It’s time to have a reasonable, common sense discussion about this First Amendment thing”...”our Founding Fathers could never have anticipated a communications tool as powerful as the internet... it’s able to reach millions of people at once. We need to limit your free speech, not because of something you did, but because of something somebody else did... and yes, I realize that taking away your rights would not and will not prevent ISIS from recruiting now and in the future... but it makes me feel better, and doing something is better than doing nothing.”... would that be “reasonable “ or “common sense “?

Alamo

That point has already been brought up more than once, actually.  Our own President mentioned "shutting down parts of the internet" during the campaign.  Restricting hate speech has been discussed before too, and is actually a crime in some places(not America, yet).  Between that, this "net neutrality" crap and the even crappier "fairness doctrine" the First Amendment is no less at risk than the Second.

Then there is this:

California Law Allows Jail For Using Wrong Gender Pronoun

Violations can be punishable by a fine of up to $1,000 or "by imprisonment in the county jail for a period not to exceed one year."

It looks like it is specific to health care workers who repeatedly and willfully misuse the preferred pronoun.