• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

7.62x51 Tavor Bullpup

23 minutes ago, Sisco said:

If my ARAk was the short barrel it would be very similar about the same price but I know I can bang 450 with that 

• 2 weeks later...

I've been seeing the retail rumored to be $2200+. The good is the 7 merges the best of the SAR and X95. The SAR prices have plummeted. I won't be in line first for the 7. I'll wait a few years to see if it pans out as reliable and the price drops below  $2k. I'm happy with my regular SAR with Geiselle bow/pack and handguard mods for now.

20171224_144844.jpg

• 1 month later...

I never liked them before the Tavor.  It's a big step up from an AUG or some others imo

On ‎2‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 12:27 AM, Robocop1051 said:

DEC8CCDF-FA0F-4AB8-990C-5902E6F01728.jpeg

Desert Tech has my vote here. 

Robo, I got a chance to hold the Desert Tech at the NRA Convention last year.  I was surprised at how cheap it felt while messing around with it.  It was underwhelming. That thing has been on the design table for so long so I have my concerns. LWRC, you listening to that part?!? Sorry, still pissed about their consistently delayed "SMG45."  IWI has been listening to demand for years but they all of a sudden let everyone know and with a somewhat recent release date.  It's already a battle proven platform with some dimension differences to accomodate the caliber.  I'm still going to wait a bit for all the goobers to do their torture tests to ensure there's nothing that was missed or rushed to go to production. The Tech does have a nice look for those into bullpups.  The specs were impressive when they originally put it out there.

Edited by jrtmasp

One thing to add is the hate I hold for Tavor iron sights.  They suck but maybe that's just my AR15 bias shining through.  A Tavor screams optic.  For me, it's basically a paperweight if it doesn't have one.  On the flip side of that, I prefer my ARs without....but not for much longer because my aging eyesight is catching up.

My buddy has the Tavor and I do like it

If you primarily use optics, the backup sight are great for backup without adding $100-200 worth of iron sights to your already expensive rifle. They would suck for everyday use. But it is a nice perk and well thought out.

If I bought a Tavor, I'd learn to love optics.

If the bullpup rifles were under 1k I'd have one,  close to or over 2k just isnt worth it.

On ‎2‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 7:06 PM, AngelDeVille said:

If the bullpup rifles were under 1k I'd have one,  close to or over 2k just isnt worth it.

Angel, I paid about $1850 for my SAR when it first came to my state.  That's with taxes but definitely overpriced.  Also, the trigger is HORRIBLE so I had to pay over $350 for the Geissele and separate trigger bow.  The trigger changes the rifle...completely. I was going to get rid of it before that. The X95 has now officially replaced the production of the SAR.  Now I find both new for $1400 on sale a few times a year and second hand excellent condition ones for about $1200.  That's a great deal but hurts to see when I have so much tied up in mine.  It could be worse,  I could live in Canada or CA where they are usually much more expensive.