• Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

A Small favor - Review your BAD A.S.S at Brownells

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

Guys, please give me your honest opinion.  As you know, FDE comes in several shades, Vltor, Tangodown, and Magpul are not all the same.

There's a bad review on Brownells where the customer complained that the color didn't match up (he has Magpul furniture), it's impossible to match everyone's FDE.

Does our FDE match up pretty well with Tangodown, DD and Vltor's FDE?

001-4_zps8da9a225.jpg

The FDE selector is the 4th item down http://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts/receiver-amp-action-parts/safety-parts/safeties/ar-15-m16-ambidextrous-safety-selector-prod41292.aspx

Edited by Battle Arms Dev

Ernie Brae coated the FDE for us for years, the demand was such he could not coat them fast enough.  We're having Joey at War Sport Inc. coat the FDE as well, these are slightly darker, but definitely not brown :(

As to the customer's statement that it was coated too thick, this can happen on receivers whose selector holes are undersized, they're more sensitive to coated parts.

I would fight a rabid gorilla (kinda like Tom, but with less grey hair) to get one of those LVOA-SBR handguards or uppers. I'll email you tonight. thumbup.gif

You are just wrong, dude.  :blink:   I'm kind, and gentle.  Really.  :D

Installed mine on my build love it. Since I have such I soft spot for FDE . I thought it matched my FDE PRS sock perfectly. Great safety love how it feels and how I can run it with my thumb and trigger fringer. All of my rifles will have them GUARANTEED. Keep up the great work.

Thanks guys!  Montana308, when did you get yours?  If it's in the last month or so, it's the slightly darker FDE.  If so, do you mind posting a review on Brownell's, it's the fourth item fromt the top :)

http://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts/receiver-amp-action-parts/safety-parts/safeties/ar-15-m16-ambidextrous-safety-selector-prod41292.aspx

Gents, thank you for your reviews! 

We do rely on your support a great deal.  We would never abuse it and use it as a tool to stifle dissentions and cover up negative reviews.  The two negative reviews (one for the 90 degree BAD-ASS, the other for the FDE BAD-ASS) were rather uncalled for and unjustified, one might say that with so many 5 star reviews we could afford to lose one here or there, but as with our products, we strive for perfection, and we aim to uphold our reputation on quality, as well as customer service :)

• 2 months later...