• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Florida student getting deported

Florida college student to be deported after skipping class, buying 'sniper rifle' and dyeing hair: report

1522396995818.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/03/30/florida-college-student-to-be-deported-after-skipping-class-buying-sniper-rifle-and-dyeing-hair-report.html

A University of Central Florida international student who abruptly changed his appearance and called his high-powered weapon a "sniper rifle" will be deported to China, an immigration judge has ruled.

Wenliang Sun, 26, violated the terms of his F-1 visa by not attending classes, police said -- an offense that would normally lead to a slow process of notices and warnings.

But officials said he was fast-tracked for deportation because of a series of sudden "red flags," including dyeing his hair blond, alarming his roommates, and buying a $70,000 Chevrolet Corvette in cash with his father's money.

“In my country, that is a cheap car,” Sun told detectives investigating reports of his strange behavior, according to a police report.

One of the seized high-powered weapons and ammunition.  (UCF Police Department)

School officials first reached out to cops Feb. 1 after reports from Sun's friends and roommates that he had changed dramatically, according to local reports.

Sun legally owned a LWRC 300 Blackout rifle and ammunition, as well as a .308 Ruger Precision caliber rifle equipped with a bipod and scope, police said. He also had a hunting license.

But Sun's predilection for calling his weapon a "sniper rifle" instead of a hunting rifle alarmed authorities, UCFPD Chief Richard Beary said, according to the Orlando Sentinel.

Authorities said the student referred to his weapon as a 'sniper rifle' rather than a hunting rifle.  (UCF Police Department)

So did Sun's statement that he liked to “play with" and "look at" his weapons, according to a police report.

When Sun lost his non-immigrant visa status by not attending classes, he also lost his right to own weapons under federal law.

"Some of the [investigators] with a lot of years of experience … walked away and said, 'We just saved a bunch of lives'"

- UCFPD Chief Richard Beary

An immigration judge ordered his deportation on Mar. 21, the Orlando Sentinel reported. He was being held Thursday at Baker County Detention Center in northern Florida.

Authorities said that even though Sun did not make any threats or attempt to harm anyone, he still posed a major risk to student safety.

Aurora, Co. movie theater gunman James Holmes dyed his hair bright orange before his killing spree, and also abruptly stopped attending his neuroscience program.

“Some of the [investigators] with a lot of years of experience … walked away and said, ‘we just saved a bunch of lives,’ ” Beary told the paper. “There’s no doubt about it.”

To paraphrase the Declaration of Independence and the 2nd Amendment, the unalienable rights were endowed by our creator including the right to bear arms.  It does not speak of citizenship to qualify for these rights.  

I do believe that you should reside here legally and not be a felon.  If not, you forfeit your rights.

1 hour ago, Armed Eye Doc said:

To paraphrase the Declaration of Independence and the 2nd Amendment, the unalienable rights were endowed by our creator including the right to bear arms.  It does not speak of citizenship to qualify for these rights.  

Life, Liberty, and the PURSUIT of happiness are the God given rights referred to in the Declaration of Independence, not a binding legal document but a list of grievances explaining our separation from England, a totally different purpose than the Constitution. My reading of the constitution does not give non-citizens the protection afforded by the Constitution. The modern interpretation/distortion would like everyone to assume that it does, hence the liberal push to flood this country with immigrants both legal and illegal. 

I'm sure china gladly supplies the background checks needed for firearms purchases, just like mexico, sudan, somalia, iraq, syria and all the other third world shitholes do..........

sarcasm2.jpg.53791a1a2e29401f58280b05ff6117ac.jpg

1 hour ago, jtallen83 said:

My reading of the constitution does not give non-citizens the protection afforded by the Constitution.

I'm so far into agreement with you on that, and it can't even be measured. x1000?  Not close. x1 MILLION?  Nope, not on the radar yet.  x1 BAJILLION?!  Yeah, maybe.  If you times it by another bajillion, add 75 and multiply by another bajillion.

That might be close to where I'm at, in agreement with your statement.  Maybe.

You are correct that the Declaration of Independence is not law, but it ssays among these rights... 

The constitution does not apply only to citizens.  Would you deny a permanent legal resident the right to free speech or exercise of religion (or not)?  Would you quarter soldiers in their home because they have not yet taken the oath of citizenship?  My family came from Germany in the 1890s.  Should they have not been able to get a gun to hunt for food until they became a citizen? 

ETA: Unlawful activity would negate certain rights as it does for citizens, but due process would still exist.  If guilty, kick their ass out.

Maybe nonresident aliens should not be allowed guns in the US, but that is not the law as it is currently written.  The student in question obtained a gun under this part of the firearms code

An alien admitted to the United States under a nonimmigrant visa is prohibited from shipping, transporting, receiving, or possessing a firearm or ammunition unless the alien falls within one of the exceptions provided in 18 U.S.C. 922(y)(2), such as: a valid hunting license or permit, admitted for lawful hunting or sporting purposes, certain official representatives of a foreign government, or a foreign law enforcement officer of a friendly foreign government entering the United States on official law enforcement business 

Edited by Armed Eye Doc

6 hours ago, Armed Eye Doc said:

The constitution does not apply only to citizens.  Would you deny a permanent legal resident the right to free speech or exercise of religion (or not)?  Would you quarter soldiers in their home because they have not yet taken the oath of citizenship?

That may be how things have ended up but it has been through stari decisi and law making not the constitution. At this point there are so many laws and court decisions that have no basis in the constitution they have basically thrown the document out and we as Americans have stood by and allowed it for generations. I am ok with telling non citizens they have fewer to no rights. I would allow them certain privileges but not rights, BIG difference. If we did this maybe we would not have the issues with immigration that we do.

15 hours ago, jtallen83 said:

Life, Liberty, and the PURSUIT of happiness are the God given rights referred to in the Declaration of Independence, not a binding legal document but a list of grievances explaining our separation from England, a totally different purpose than the Constitution. My reading of the constitution does not give non-citizens the protection afforded by the Constitution. The modern interpretation/distortion would like everyone to assume that it does, hence the liberal push to flood this country with immigrants both legal and illegal. 

I'm sure china gladly supplies the background checks needed for firearms purchases, just like mexico, sudan, somalia, iraq, syria and all the other third world shitholes do..........

sarcasm2.jpg.53791a1a2e29401f58280b05ff6117ac.jpg

The Declaration of Independence is overruled by The Constitution, the Declaration just verified our right to become independent from the rule of The King of England.