• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Rock River 308 forend

308kiwi

A mate of mine dropped his RRA 308 upper off the other day, need to loose some weight out of the front he says, had some ugly, heavy, multi railed cheese grater forend on it.

Had some 56mm Carbon fibre tube left over from another build, so set about machining up an adaptor to use the threaded barrel nut from his old forend.

Started out with a piece of 3" dia 6068 aluminium solid round bar, lots of swarf later and after a quick media blast it's off to be anodised tomorrow.........now I’ve got a mess in my workshop to clean up.

RRA1.jpg

RRA2.jpg

RRA3.jpg

Cheers, this is what I love doing, making things.

I know it's all I seem to post on here, things that I've made, but you guys all well and truly have the technical side of the 308AR systems sorted, and this is what I can contribute, just wanting to add my little bit to the vast collective that this place is.

13 hours ago, 308kiwi said:

I know it's all I seem to post on here, things that I've made, but you guys all well and truly have the technical side of the 308AR systems sorted, and this is what I can contribute, just wanting to add my little bit to the vast collective that this place is.

Any contribution is most welcome, something new is always being added to the market for this platform, so there's always something to learn.

19 hours ago, 308kiwi said:

Hey when you can’t buy it build it right? There are a lot of guys here who enjoy machining, keep it coming!