• Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

An interesting read

dpete

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to know who this industry insider is so I can NOT spend my money in his direction. It is bad enough I have to have a CC license, involve government and it will go against the citizen every time. First a license, next a tax stamp and travel regulations, then comes no newly manufactured semi's for public consumption. No, no and NO to this gun grabber idea!

5 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

You last 3 up here ^^^...

...You didn't read through the whole article...  Read it, all the way through...  :thumbup:

THEN come in and tell me what you think...

I read it. "neither side wants to give an inch.", this is true, I do not want to give up anything to maintain a right I already have. There is a fundamental flaw in his inch statement, there is no hint of the other side considering not taking inches, they offer nothing! This guy is waving the white flag without a fight, giving in to the bully without even a fuk you. Fact is we should be pushing back against the already absurd gun laws in states like cali and mass. not allowing ourselves to inched closer to them. NOT ONE INCH! 

Not true. In the article, it talks about that.  What the "other side" gives in this is many things - all those restrictive states LOSE their ability to demonize their own people,through their ridiculous "assault weapons" laws that they have - you have your federal semi-auto license, and it over rides all those insane states-laws that do nothing.  When THOSE citizens gain, we ALL gain.

You're in a free state, as am I.  We don't "see" that side of this article, because we don't have to live it... 

It's just like national reciprocity for CCW licenses - we want that, right?...  There's a database.  Driver's license.  There's a database.  Tax stamps  - THAT is certainly a database!... 

This article makes alot of sense. So what, there's a database - they're everywhere.  Google and Facebook steal your data all the time, and farm it out everywhere.  Financial databases are hacked routinely.  We're all on a database, of some sorts - it's what we do when the database gets abused by politicians of wrong-doers that makes the difference...

A bargaining chip in getting this through was clearly stated in the article - legalized suppressors and SBRs for those with this license...  It's no different than submitting for a Tax Stamp, anyway...  I don't see those databases being abused.

If that were to pass - I can take a suppressor hooked right up to an SBR, in my truck, to any state I wanna go to...  It's legal... I have my license.  I give that to the officer, right after he asks me for my driver's license and registration... 

I'll give you this part - not being abused YET.  WE control that part...

Edited by 98Z5V

Guess what else a "Federal Semi-Auto License" would give you?  A background check just like getting current Tax-Stamped items.

That little fucker in Parkland had enough FBI shiit on him to get disapproved for such a license.  That asshead in Waffle House, too, had Secret Service shiit on him - he would have been denied...  We wouldn't be looking at TN laws now, that stated he was legal there - he wouldn't have been, under this idea...

Edited by 98Z5V

I would be okay with this. I already have basically registered the when I bought my suppressor. I would prefer this like 98 points out, to each state enacting there own laws, with quite a few banning them altogether. I actually think this is inevitable, and prefer it if it keeps weapons out of the hands of head cases and gang bangers. We aren’t the problem, it is the ones that fall through the cracks and still can buy a modern firearm that are. I would register mine tomorrow if that what it takes to keep black rifles out of their hands. JMO.

Semi-Auto License.  Guess what?  Bump-stock.  It's not "illegal" yet, and it shouldn't be.  It doesn't change the character of the semo-auto AR that it's hooked to - that AR still fire a single round from a single trigger pull.  Hell, we've all said it - what are they gonna do NEXT, BAN belt loops?! 

Right now, bump stocks are only a ban in certain over-reaching STATE laws that were recently enacted.

Know what this Semi-Auto License would do?  Those state laws don't mean shiit...  :thumbup:

Instead of everyone jumping on the "not one more inch" path right away - really read that article, and think about what it can do...  

1 hour ago, 98Z5V said:

In the article, it talks about that.  What the "other side" gives in this is many things - all those restrictive states LOSE their ability to demonize their own people,through their ridiculous "assault weapons" laws that they have - you have your federal semi-auto license, and it over rides all those insane states-laws that do nothing.  When THOSE citizens gain, we ALL gain.

If I steal your car and then give it back to you did I give you a car?  Second amendment rights have been stolen from citizens, getting them back should not be negotiable. 

I want to help my brothers but giving anything to the bully will only wet their appetite for more, look at history and human nature for proof of this. Why make the majority free states less free so the minority un-free can be just a little more free? I say to my Brothers in the un-free states, rise up, fight, and I will help but don't ask me to give up Liberty to lighten your burden of oppression. Historically registration has ONLY ever led to confiscation, why would I believe this government would not follow that same path? Give me a historical example of registration not leading to confiscation, straight up find one.

1 minute ago, 98Z5V said:

think about what it can do...  

9 minutes ago, Sisco said:

I would register mine tomorrow if that what it takes to keep black rifles out of their hands. JMO.

And just one more point - THIS idea isn't "registration."  It's not even close.  It's just a license. To own any and all kinds of semi-autos.  Sure, there would be a database, but it's not "registering everything you own."

I have a driver's license.  I don't have to tell them what kind of car or truck I have - hell, I can drive my friend's car, and it's legal - because I'm legal...  I have my license to drive.

Car registration is  DIFFERENT THING.  That pays for my plates, it doesn't determine if I can drive legally or not...  :thumbup:

2 minutes ago, jtallen83 said:

Give me a historical example of registration not leading to confiscation, straight up find one.

I register my car, annually (or multi-annually). They're not taking my car/truck/whatever.

I register to vote - they're not taking away my right to vote. 

1 hour ago, 98Z5V said:

You last 3 up here ^^^...

...You didn't read through the whole article...  Read it, all the way through...  :thumbup:

THEN come in and tell me what you think...

I did brother, just don't agree that it's a good idea. I think his intentions are fine, but the folks that wrote the Constitution would rap his knuckles with a ruler and shake their heads at him.

The problem is always a matter of who gets to arbitrate and make the decisions. The purpose of the 2nd Amendment is to make it clear that such arbitration never was and never should be the purview of the Federal Government.

1 minute ago, 98Z5V said:

I register my car, annually (or multi-annually). They're not taking my car/truck/whatever.

I was not clear, my bad, gun registration, licensing, whatever you want to call it. Guns are what we are talking about. 

If I take away your right then give back a portion of it do you still have thew same right?

I miss SS ..............even knowing he would support this.

You have to register ARs in Cali - so far there's not been any widespread confiscation, and there won't be, as long as they don't secede from the rest of the US.  Same in New York.  No widespread confiscation. 

Other nations, other times - yes.  Not in the US, and not in these times.  JMHO.  :thumbup:

Just one observation: If gun owners/enthusiasts don’t come up with a solution to these mass shootings AND the use of handguns (usually semi automatic)in the majority of murders in this country, we may have draconian measures including outright bans forced upon us by the zealot left. The fact that we are discussing things like this is a good thing, whether we agree or disagree. We need this conversation.

19 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

Semi-Auto License.  Guess what?  Bump-stock.  It's not "illegal" yet, and it shouldn't be.  It doesn't change the character of the semo-auto AR that it's hooked to - that AR still fire a single round from a single trigger pull.  Hell, we've all said it - what are they gonna do NEXT, BAN belt loops?! 

Right now, bump stocks are only a ban in certain over-reaching STATE laws that were recently enacted.

Know what this Semi-Auto License would do?  Those state laws don't mean shiit...  :thumbup:

Instead of everyone jumping on the "not one more inch" path right away - really read that article, and think about what it can do...  

98 , that is one reason I am against a Federal mandated license.  It will always be written too favor a middle of the road "sensible gun" law viewpoint. Any Federal gun control law always bites

Texas citizens in the rear end.

I did read the entire article not once. but twice

Edited by mrmackc

1 minute ago, mrmackc said:

98 , that is one reason I am against a Federal mandated license.  It will always be written otokf

There's already a federally mandated license to have suppressors, SBRs, SBSs, DDs, Full-Auto weapons, end everything else that's covered under the NFA...   It's already there...  We already have to do it, to obtain these items.  You have to go through probably the most intensive background check in your life - unless you've been through the TS Clearance process - and none of those are being routinely confiscated, by and large...

10 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

You register your car, the state gives you the privilege of driving by issuing a licence. These are both routinely revoked by states for various infractions. Now you want me to get a licence for my gun so the state can make up violations to take it from me. That is exactly how gun control has historically been enacted. Hitler, Stalin, Mao, etc. This is exactly how they took the guns away.

They routinely take away people's right to vote. Yours they have not been able to take so they water it down with dead people and illegals. When blacks were given the right to vote those in power rapidly found ways to take that right away, poll tax anyone? Even to this day there are places in this country where their votes are suppressed.

It can happen here, it has happened here, it will happen here.

"    Paris Nov. 13. 1787.
the people can not be all, & always, well informed. the part which is wrong [. . .] will be discontented in proportion to the importance of the facts they misconceive. if they remain quiet under such misconceptions it is a lethargy, the forerunner of death to the public liberty. we have had 13. states independant 11. years. there has been one rebellion. that comes to one rebellion in a century & a half for each state. what country before ever existed a century & half without a rebellion? & what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms. the remedy is to set them right as to facts, pardon & pacify them. what signify a few lives lost in a century or two? the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it’s natural manure."

Thomas Jefferson