• Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Colorado Shooters

CMAN

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Colo Spgs- Hey does anyone know a GOOD AR smith, Where do you all shoot, Colo really needs ranges they keep shutting them down and jerks are making a mess out NF soon it will be shut down. Maybe convert a couple of golf courses

Get with these guys. They can help or tell you who can.

www.AR-15.co

• 1 month later...

Another Springs shooter here, though I live on Peterson AFB.

These are good, cheap places to shoot.

Ft Carson opened up a public range last week. http://www.elpasoco.com/CMSC/Pages/default.aspx

Dragonman Guns www.Dragonmans.com

If its nice outside, I will sometimes drive up in the mountains to either Chaffee County Range, or the Hot Sulfur Springs range. Both are free and ran by the Colorado Parks and Wildlife Divisions.

More can be found on this website:

http://wildlife.state.co.us/Hunting/ShootingRanges/Pages/SERanges.aspx

Or put an ad on craigslist looking for ranch land. Maybe shoot some varmints for them.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Thanks unforgiven. I'm not ready to leave CO yet but my outlaws have some health issues and step daughter is there. I also plan on attending Montgomery Community College out in Troy in 2014 or 2015, depending when my number gets called. We will live on White Lake until then around the wife's fam. If I can get into the local CC machining program I want to push off MCC until 2015 and get a formal machining education. Figure if I am going to make a livelyhood out of guns, I should get some "real" training.

• 1 year later...

Did everyone leave Colorado when they started messing with our 2nd Amendment rights?? No posts in a year and a half?

New to this forum- From Weld/ Boulder counties.

MagPul sure as hell did - just like they told them they'd do if they passed that stupid schit. :hail:

I'm also damn glad that the GenPop had the guts to do those recall elections, and get rid of a couple schitbag politicians that started all that.

More of the country needs to follow suit.  :bat:

I'm in the longmont area. Actuall moved back from texas due to work, I usually hit up Pawnee or hit my private land up north along the CO and WY state lines. Never have really been one for paying the outrageous range fee's most places put up. But I will be checking out the new place that USA Liberty Arms is building out in Johnstown.

Hey Montana, Yeah Not that far at all, I actually work down there in Lafayette. Yeah they are building a some big 100,000 sq feet indoor range and pro shop I believe it was. But yeah I will admit, pawnee sure is getting trashed out. Just out there friday. Also I did notice the best time to hit public land is during the week. Absolutely no one out there. But yes it is soon going to turn into nothing but private ranges unless you got private land.