• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

SIG TANGO6 scope for new SDMR

1 hour ago, 98Z5V said:

SIG just got selected to provide the new scope on the new-version SDMR (which is the M110A1 CSASS).

https://www.sigsauer.com/press-releases/sig-sauer-tango6-1-6x24-riflescope-selected-us-army-squad-designated-marksman-rifle/

MIL-GOV-TANGO6_web-1-700x376.jpg

Only $1800 for the civilian model............maybe some day.

https://www.sigsauer.com/store/tango6-1-6x24-mm-1.html

Edited by jtallen83
add link

3 hours ago, Sisco said:

So what does it give me that my Primary Arms 1x6 lighted reticle 223/308 BDC recticle doesn’t?

??

23 minutes ago, shepp said:

Bigger hole in your wallet

Yep, and pricing that reflects a big government contract.  The only difference in the Big Army SDMR SIG scope and the civilian model will be the reticle, and the color.  Big Army version has a BDC reticle that's calibrated for the new M80A1 ammo, and the brown, of course.

PA just dropped another 1~6 with a new reticle. It's worth checking out. Pretty damn sweet.

http://www.primaryarms.com/pa-1-6x24mm-gen-iii-sfp-rifle-scope-acss-griffin-mil-reticle-black

Edited by 98Z5V

Got alot going for it, with all the mil measurements, plus BDC.  I want to try it out on their "Grendel zero" and see if the BDC still holds up. 

That will be a first on a Grendel.      :thumbup:

Edited by 98Z5V

7 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

Yep, and pricing that reflects a big government contract. 

The Tango 6 series were this high before the contract. Checked out the 5x30 model last year at my LGS, fantastic quality scope but not more than twice my Bushnell. The level feature in the reticle is a pretty neat innovation though. The PA stuff is really a hands down winner in the bang for the buck category though. My PA 4x16 gets moved around between at least three different rifles and does break-in duty on new builds(cheap so if the rifle blows up I'm not out much). As long as I keep track of the adjustments made for each rifle it goes right back to zero on each one. A good example of a certain enabler here saving me a few bucks by singing PA's praises.

23 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

PA just dropped another 1~6 with a new reticle. It's worth checking out. Pretty damn sweet.

http://www.primaryarms.com/pa-1-6x24mm-gen-iii-sfp-rifle-scope-acss-griffin-mil-reticle-black

Eff it.  I just bought this scope, for the 18" Light(er) Grendel. I'll let you know how it is, once it's in hand next week.  I'm trying out a new trigger, too, so I'll report on that.  Might be badass, for a 2-stage, for the price it is...  Might be a runner-up for the LaRue MBT2S...  Don't know 'til I get it...

Can't believe the shiit I go through for you people...   :laffs:  WHAT?!!?  YOU PEOPLE?!!?  Yeah, that just happened...   :lmao::bitchslap:

This is what sealed the deal, right here, in their advertising...

Got alot going for it, with all the mil measurements, plus BDC.  I want to try it out on their "Grendel zero" and see if the BDC still holds up. 

That will be a first on a Grendel.      :thumbup:

PA-GRIFFIN-MIL_12.thumb.jpg.24716848afae9e5ebf23ba3caa09f57d.jpg

Edited by 98Z5V

I'll test it - and see if their +0.75" zero works, that's for sure. I have the range to tell them if they're wrong on that one...   If not, there's plenty of other guns it can go on.

Oh, I almost forgot...   you were directly referenced in another thread, but I didn't quote you... I wanted you to find it...  Kinda like "talking behind your back..." You'll find it, I'm sure... :laffs:

5 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

I'll test it - and see if their +0.75" zero works, that's for sure. I have the range to tell them if they're wrong on that one...   If not, there's plenty of other guns it can go on.

Oh, I almost forgot...   you were directly referenced in another thread, but I didn't quote you... I wanted you to find it...  Kinda like "talking behind your back..." You'll find it, I'm sure... :laffs:

I found it alright...

It's on now. I only thought I was keyed up about the Fall Shoot before, NOW IT'S ON!!!

4 minutes ago, Matt.Cross said:

I found it alright...

It's on now. I only thought I was keyed up about the Fall Shoot before, NOW IT'S ON!!!

Prove it and say something...   :laffs:  If you'da found it already, you'da said something....    :lmao::banana:

Oh for cryin' out loud....

30 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

I just need to get some shiit out of my road, so I can get this damn .260 done.  THAT rifle is a monkey on my back, and I need to whip Matt Cross' ass this fall with it.

Did he tell you he's enrolled and shooting in local PRS competitions?

We need to renew your security clearance, you're leaking secrets....

:laffs:

SPILL IT, BROTHER!!!   :hail:

You're engaging in some nefarious shiit, in order to get a leg up on your brothers.  You're sneakin'... 

That's like one of us going to some paid-for Sniper School, but just not mentioning it before the fall shoot....  :banana:

1 minute ago, 98Z5V said:

SPILL IT, BROTHER!!!   :hail:

You're engaging in some nefarious shiit, in order to get a leg up on your brothers.  You're sneakin'... 

That's like one of us going to some paid-for Sniper School, but just not mentioning it before the fall shoot....  :banana:

You're beginning to remind me of someone.....

I won't say who, but I think you know.

I shot a PRS match today just in case anyone missed Tom's billboards. Had a great time and likely will do it again.

I cold-bored a groundhog silhouette at 808 yards with my MA-TEN and the Spotter/RO dang near crapped a brick.

Granted, the remainder of the day sucked, but there were some good hits amongst all the suck.

20 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

Oh this is some rich propaganda right here...

I finally find a 1000 yard shooting venue roughly an hours travel from my house, and it suddenly becomes an attempt to get a leg up on my brethren.

YOU LITERALLY LIVE RIGHT IN THE GODFORSAKEN MIDDLE OF PRIME LONG-DISTANCE SHOOTING TERRITORY FOR THE LOVE OF PETE, CRY ME A RIVER!!!

*climbs off soapbox & chops it neatly into kindling*

10 minutes ago, sketch said:

haha! you guys are aiming high!

Tom has undone himself and doesn't know it yet. He has wakened the sleeping giant, and the giant won't rest again until all Tom's villages and lodges are but smoldering rubble bathed in the mournful wails of the besieged.

It. Is. ON!

I'm going to make Ghengis Khan look like Peewee Herman.