• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

12ga AR's

Well, the USAS 12 is pretty stiff for a regular joe.. the costs, licenses..

I have seen a little bit about the utas xtr 12. Some people claim dpms308 will interchange with upper/lower swap.

Anyone know much about these? Looks like a large-frame lower could be made to work with the fr98/fr99/br99/mka 1919 magazines.. has someone else here explored working an upper into holding one of these? With a saami spec of 11,500 psi.. even more low than a 45acp.. i imagine the 308 bolt carrier could support a very thin bolt/lug profile. However, I have none of the xtr parts at hand to compare.

A little curiosity struck.

Edited by Floydieguns

No. It was a youtube video. Poorly done, by likely a very unexperienced owner.

The thumbnail was of the receivers split, on a bench. A review for the model type. Smallville will ar10 shotgun/ar12 search phrases. 18minute video.

A few other people are claiming 'combination gun'.

Wish I knew more about it. The usas12 sure looks better though. Wish somehow that could be brought back as a sporting shotgun, a3 top and offer t-rails to screw on akin to magpul delta ring handguard.

Was curious if anyone knew much about the ar style shotguns. For a multi-gun perspective. Those box magazines make for better weight bias and selection between slug/shot.

I have some first hand experience with the XTR and it is all positive. 

1. Most important... it eats everything! From Walmart bird shot to duty buckshot. It all went bang. I did not try any legitimate “low recoiled    

2. It is a standard LR-308 lower receiver. The buffer weighs about one ounce and the buffer spring is only about half the normal length. Swap the recoil assembly and you can fit a LR308 compatible upper on there. 

3. It is deceptively lightweight. The biggest weight loss being the standard shotgun barrel. I’ve heard rumor that people have sent their barrels in for internal threads and added some screw-in choke tubes. Making a 00 buckshot pattern at 50 yards with an Extr Full choke would be badass. 

4. The 8 round mag is all steel construction and about the size of a LR25 mag. It weighs a ton, especially when loaded up with defensive loads. 

Really, only a one ounce weight and a 223 lightweight action spring?

Robocop, will you post some pictures of this bolt and barrel extension?

The shotgun barrel will be very lightweight when compared to a 308barrel. Being proofed for less than 25,000psi and such a large inner diameter..

Only eight rounds? I have already seen people making magazine extensions for ten or more. Multigun performance shops.

It is the standard inner diameter of upper receiver as a dpms/sr25? Anything different about the carrier or buffer length?

5 hours ago, Armed Eye Doc said:

I've heard of a new manufacturer out of N Cali that has some pretty good ideas.  Maybe they will take on that project.:thumbup:

I hear that those crazy fuckers were out in the desert today, shooting .338 LM with a custom built SAS 8” Ti suppressor. 

1967FCF6-712F-4738-B97B-2C3FDC0E29CB.jpeg

0522D07D-4CC7-4E58-A022-E9A317618D7A.jpeg

No ear pro needed.... only 12oz added. 

29 minutes ago, Robocop1051 said:

I hear that those crazy fuckers were out in the desert today, shooting .338 LM with a custom built SAS 8” Ti suppressor. 

1967FCF6-712F-4738-B97B-2C3FDC0E29CB.jpeg

0522D07D-4CC7-4E58-A022-E9A317618D7A.jpeg

No ear pro needed.... only 12oz added. 

Sweet baby jesus

7 hours ago, Floydieguns said:

Really, only a one ounce weight and a 223 lightweight action spring?

Robocop, will you post some pictures of this bolt and barrel extension?

The shotgun barrel will be very lightweight when compared to a 308barrel. Being proofed for less than 25,000psi and such a large inner diameter..

Only eight rounds? I have already seen people making magazine extensions for ten or more. Multigun performance shops.

It is the standard inner diameter of upper receiver as a dpms/sr25? Anything different about the carrier or buffer length?

You’re going to have to give me a few days to make good on this. I don’t own the shotgun myself. It belongs to my friend. I will set up a date to hang out with him soon, but it’s going to be at least a week before I can post pictures. My schedule is packed for the next 6–7 daysI will set up a date to hang out with him soon, but it’s going to be at least a week before I can post pictures. My schedule is packed for the next 6–7 days