• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Brrr, winters here

308kiwi

20 minutes ago, 308kiwi said:

I'll swap ya for a day or so 98, it's been raining and 2 deg (35F) here for the last 4 days.

Our radical differences in weather at this time of the year - it honestly boggles my mind, brother.  Blows me away. 

This rock we all live on can be a strange place...  

My neighbors put their trash cans out too early, and didn't watch the weather.  Trash pickup is tomorrow... Oh, and the streets are flooded...

P1060615.thumb.JPG.c8eec15665fa65a1a81e21e297b08423.JPG

My palm tree out back took a beating, but survived - it was raining sideways, like in Forrest Gump...   :laffs:

P1060612.thumb.JPG.4ec21731f573cb3051516fb6f92cc5da.JPG

I was gonna grill some ribeyes tonight, too, damnit...   :bat:

Edited by 98Z5V

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

Our radical differences in weather at this time of the year - it honestly boggles my mind, brother.  Blows me away. 

This rock we all live on can be a strange place...  

Aint that the truth. so here's some more mind boggling stuff, it's 4 pm Friday here right now, I've just finished for the week and it's THE WEEKEND, yaaaa.  Meanwhile you guys are still in Thursday and have another day of grind to go:thumbup:  Of course when you're enjoying Sunday I'll be back at work on Monday and that just sucks.

Edited by 308kiwi

9 hours ago, 308kiwi said:

I used to live in an area of New Zealand called The Canterbury Plains, huge flat area that borders the coastline, we used to get dust storms like that when the North Westers blew, picking up all the dirt from farm fields and blowing it in a huge wall across the plains to the Pacific Ocean, scary as hell as a kid.

I'll swap ya for a day or so 98, it's been raining and 2 deg (35F) here for the last 4 days.

Gimme 4 more months I’ll be there 4.5-5 months it’ll be lower with snow

its been beautiful here 75, low 80’s lower humidity. I went on call yesterday calling 90+ and high humidity, YIPPY!!!

@98Z5V Josh got called out for that schit! All the fukkin way up to Maricopa! Someone's neighbor had a slide in camper that got blown upside down on top of their propane tank and they called Ferrell Gas. Josh had to go make sure nothing was leaking or broken.We were just heading to The Yardhouse in Tucson for dinner when he got the call. He didn't get back home until about 10:00 PM.

@392heminut It was crazy up here, brother - one hell of a monsoon storm, crazy winds, raining sideways,...   None of my trees were damaged, but it was pretty nuts driving around the next day and looking at all the split trees and uprooted trees, blown over.  It tore up alot of shiit...  

1 hour ago, 392heminut said:

@98Z5V Josh got called out for that schit! All the fukkin way up to Maricopa! Someone's neighbor had a slide in camper that got blown upside down on top of their propane tank and they called Ferrell Gas. Josh had to go make sure nothing was leaking or broken.We were just heading to The Yardhouse in Tucson for dinner when he got the call. He didn't get back home until about 10:00 PM.

I hate that shit, I get calls for Walmart for gas smells all the time in the winter. Some times it takes hours to receive the call, I always tell the store why the hell don’t you call the gas co (which I guess in that case is josh) or the freaking FD they got tools to detect all that shit, all I got is my GD nose?!?

In between those two pics above, I checked the weather.com map, then ran out to get this video - Rain for sure, it just stopped about 20 minutes ago.  Damn, alot of rain. 

You can see this thing moving pretty well - it hit me fast, after this vid.

Got hammered by rain AGAIN last night.  The first one hit me around 7:30pm last night.  Got another one sometime around 12:45am, but I was out - heard the wind and the rain slamming on the windows.  Got up this morning, and the neighbor's big tree in their front yard...  is in the street...

On 8/12/2018 at 7:32 PM, 98Z5V said:

Damn, got another one moving up on me fast, from the northeast. I just hope the rain is behind it.

P1060640.thumb.JPG.6a4e5efccaefa63dcfa12a8eb53d9f43.JPG

Damn! I'm glad we got out of there before THAT schit rolled in! It was pretty calm down in Tucson, we were there until about 9:00 PM.

Man we keep getting piss pounded, last thrus night we got 5.5 inches of rain in two hours at my house, first time I’ve had water in my basement since 2010. 

Then yesterday they got 8-13” of rain on the west side of Madison and out laying cities I heard some people were stuck in the Costco for 18 hours. I was talking to a guy waiting for the bus to come said the water car and rose so fast he was standing on the bus bench and ended up getting rescued by someone in a truck said water was waist deep when the truck came.....

Edited by shepp

8 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

As much as it would suck here, to have that kind of rain - I'd welcome it. Flooding be damned.  And we'd have some SERIOUS flooding with that kinda rainfall.  It's needed here.

Part of it landed in the beginning of the driftless area  (where glaciers didn’t touch) lots of hills valleys and what not, Black earth, cross plains and mazomaini are flooded still. Dude in a milk truck tied crossing a bridge on the main high way in black earth and collapsed it. 

https://www.channel3000.com/news/-water-chaos-people-in-middleton-stranded-at-businesses-and-hotels-overnight-due-to-flooding/784430571

32 minutes ago, Sisco said:

Been reading about that south Wisconsin flooding. We are dryer than a bone right now.

I stopped at one of my stores today on the west side, they barely got the refer truck in, right after the cops shut everything down, the store manager was stuck in the store 27 hours cops wouldn’t let anyone leave, I guys one guy said fuck it and snuck out ??

8 hours ago, ARTrooper said:

Flooding is only going to get worse as more rain is coming this week. We are pulling about a dozen troopers or more to just drive around and locate new areas of flooding. So glad I live on high ground.

Yea I just looked at the forecast, not going to be good, hopfully some hippies drown on the isthmus 

im on one of the highest points in town gonna take a lot for me to float away 

Edited by shepp