• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

First .308 Build PROBLEM

2gunkid

Hey guys, 2gunkid here and this is my first post. I decided to go ahead to join a .308 dedicated forum to help me out with this build since 4 local gun shops and the respective companies who provided the parts are all no help! This is my first Build chambered in .308. I have a Davidson Defense upper paired on an Aero precision lower And I'm using a LR .308 BCG I ordered from brownells ( i think brownells is the manufacturer, great deal couldn't pass it up.) 

1 hour ago, 2gunkid said:

I decided to go ahead to join a .308 dedicated forum to help me out with this build since 4 local gun shops and the respective companies who provided the parts are all no help!

Welcome from Iowa, via North Carolina!

What seems to be the problem? 

Somebody cleaned up the posts. He had a longer post with a full description of his issue, but had started two threads and wanted to delete one. I think a mod tossed the wrong thread. 

Bolt catch not working I think it was. He had listed the brands used for the build. Maybe a mod can repair this, or he'll have to share that info again. 

Edited by DNP

1 hour ago, DNP said:

Somebody cleaned up the posts. He had a longer post with a full description of his issue, but had started two threads and wanted to delete one. I think a mod tossed the wrong thread. 

Bolt catch not working I think it was. He had listed the brands used for the build. Maybe a mod can repair this, or he'll have to share that info again. 

That was me, been a long fucking week sorry again 2gun, welcome again 

5 hours ago, 2gunkid said:

I have a Davidson Defense upper

44 minutes ago, Matt.Cross said:

If I remember correctly, he's having problems with his upper and magazine interference.

This would be the issue, then.  Research that company, OP...

Could that problem be caused from having two different companies for the upper and lower? Since there's no real spec for the .308 platform having an Aero lower and a Davidson Defense upper could be causing the problem due to a mismatch and lack of compatibility. Or, am I wrong in that thinking?

• 1 month later...
On 6/11/2018 at 9:54 AM, mrraley said:

Something else to consider or look at is...

What type of receiver extension tube is on the rifle? (carbine or A2 style)

Is the lower an "A" or "B" series? (What magazine does it take?)

Is the upper an "A" or "B" series?

Yes, what is the model number on the Aero lower? That will determine whether it is A or B series.

28 minutes ago, CTGunner82 said:

Yes, what is the model number on the Aero lower? That will determine whether it is A or B series.

Those are long out of circulation, my man.  Aero stopped making those long ago - when you couldn't even order from Aero, and they didn't even have a website.  It's been that long ago.  You have an anomoly, in your Aero AR-10B pattered lower, and it's rare as hen's teeth. Running model numbers of Aero 308 lowers isn't something that people need to be worried about, and hardly anyone on the planet has what you have.  Personally, I think you're lucky, and the piece you have is quite the item.

Not something that hardly anyone needs to worry about, though.

Aero never made an AR-10A patterned lower.  They dropped the B pattern, and went straight DPMS pattern.

Edited by 98Z5V