• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

BEER, Reviews and Opinions

jtallen83

4 hours ago, Armed Eye Doc said:

It does taste like common American beer but with more flavor.  There is no hop taste or coffee flavor, etc...

Doc described it pretty good. We had it here for a while at one of the local wineries. During the spring, summer and fall they do pizza night every Tuesday and they started selling beer  to bring in the less cultured folks. I thought it was a pretty good lager but they haven't had it in a while.

• Replies 680
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Toppling Goliath of Dechora, Iowa's version of an Oatmeal Stout, Rover Truck.

Smelled a little bready with a little smoky hint. Tasted nice and smooth, creamy oatmeal for sure, has a dark molasses sweet to it, not overbearing but adds to the toasted notes, kind of a malty flavor all the way through as well. Creamy and smooth the first can went down before I even thought much about it.

thumbnail_IMG_1052.thumb.jpg.c00bf07b6daa9e1d6061d0b9a76fb545.jpg

Fire, Skulls, and Money IPA from Toppling Goliath of Dechora, Iowa. This was the priciest TG offering I have seen. Grapefruit and a sweeter tropical fruit smell, very aromatic. Taste mild upfront, a little mango/passion fruit hint and a touch of malty sweetness. Then comes the grapefruit/ orange peel bitter to even it out. All kinds of different hops flavors, tasting it is like hitting a moving target. Has the real fine fizzies for carbonation, nothing over the top just adds a dimension to the creamy feel. 

IMG_1061.thumb.jpg.5c2566f1cc07ca096f3d6e9e0dc95a69.jpg

8 minutes ago, jtallen83 said:

Fire, Skulls, and Money IPA from Toppling Goliath of Dechora, Iowa. This was the priciest TG offering I have seen. Grapefruit and a sweeter tropical fruit smell, very aromatic. Taste mild upfront, a little mango/passion fruit hint and a touch of malty sweetness. Then comes the grapefruit/ orange peel bitter to even it out. All kinds of different hops flavors, tasting it is like hitting a moving target. Has the real fine fizzies for carbonation, nothing over the top just adds a dimension to the creamy feel. 

IMG_1061.thumb.jpg.5c2566f1cc07ca096f3d6e9e0dc95a69.jpg

One of my favs from them

Yes I do drink Coors on a regular basis, however I also drink other beers, but think beer with oatmeal and peanut butter  etc., etc. is double yucky maybe adding some rocky peppermint grape jelly flavor would be better.

Question was : When do you reach the point where  beer is no longer BEER?