• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

BEER, Reviews and Opinions

jtallen83

2 hours ago, jtallen83 said:

WEE HEAVY-ER Scotch Ale from French Broad Brewery in Asheville N.C. Salted caramel is the first thing that came to mind when I took a drink. A very caramely taste, sweet and smooth, a tad bit of smoke with a bit of a scotch taste at the end. Easy drinking!

IMG_0423.thumb.JPG.628e3bb259d4b138a6593872e31ea5f5.JPG

Scotch ales are one of my favorites, for the flavor profile you just described 

• Replies 680
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know they all looks generally the same but 2017 bourbon county barley wine, 2017 bourbon county stout, brassiere noir (goose island) and surly Darkness 2017, I’m feeling so good I coulda fucked up every dirty hippy in the place when I left

0A3BF9D3-1EDD-4971-84CF-BA83B1B36765.jpeg

5D4953C4-C017-4E83-BBDB-B6103E988A9B.jpeg

ABCA2553-26C5-434C-A3AD-CB5F3A5F0ED7.jpeg

F47430C1-3337-47E4-9975-09A24D633B8A.jpeg

5 hours ago, jtallen83 said:

Those all look nice, the tasting thing at a brewery would get me in trouble unless I had a ride. Catabwa is releasing a double IPA today that has my hopes up, hope I can snag some.

Luckily I had one, we were actually up at a cool little tap room/bottle shop in Madison. They were celebrating goose islands 30th birthday. The ba barley wine really blew my Sox off, I haven’t drank a lot of barley wines cuz the first few I didn’t like but this one was amazing. Strong vanilla flavor with the oak and bourbon and kinda a tobacco flavor too with the vanilla 

Drum Circle Haze DIPA, Catawba Brewing Morganton N.C. Hops, hops, and even more hops! Very similar to those New England IPA's from Tree House, but not as smooth. A hint of citrusy fruit but with a piney somewhat dank finish. I have no intent of attending the Asheville drum circle event with all the hemp hippies but I will be enjoying their beer!

IMG_0477.thumb.JPG.34b06484afe9e33f9341093a6f957510.JPG

Trickster IPA from Green Man Brewing Co. in Asheville, N.C. The description on the can does trick you a bit calling it hazy, looks pretty clear to me compared to others that describe their beer that way. It is pretty tasty, fruity up front, a little malty in the middle, then an only slightly bitter hoppy finish. Leaves a bit of that dank flavor lingering well afterwards. Not as full bodied as most beers in this category, maybe better when planning to consume larger quantities. 

http://www.greenmanbrewery.com/our-beer/

IMG_0551.thumb.JPG.1eb01b953cad66d75549bd2418b59e3f.JPG

5 hours ago, Robocop1051 said:

All you fancy beer boi’s.

meanwhile, @Rsquared and I are hanging out...

5BF698FC-7739-4935-B2F0-BCF857EDBEB7.jpeg

and mine fits fits in a can cannon when I’m done!!!

I'm with This Guy.  By the way, THESE are the best Can Cannon rounds, right here.  WAY better Ballistic Coeficient over those flat-faced cans!!!!

14135.jpg

Those thing get it done, brother.  Fill 'em 2/3rds with dirt, and it's just devastating...   :laffs:

Those bastards are the "Hornady ELD-M" of the Can Cannon World, right there...  :banana:

Edited by 98Z5V

3 minutes ago, sketch said:

your welcome.. thats river bar shits right there you can twist the lid back on and not spill a drop hoping rocks! 

THIS GUY, RIGHT HERE^^^...   Is the one that came up with the Coors Big Cans with the WAY BETTER ballistic coefficient, through the Can Cannon.

Last Fall Shoot, he has a JEEP-LOAD of these cans, and says, "Think these will fit it?..."   :banana:

BAM!!!  LIKE A CHAMP!!!    :laffs::hail:

Edited by 98Z5V

37 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

Last Fall Shoot, he has a JEEP-LOAD of these cans,

13 minutes ago, sketch said:

goes down like water in the desert!

Just sayin'...  he pulls up to the Casa - FIRST ONE HERE LAST FALL!!!  :hail:  He opens his door to get out and 23 of those bastards jumped out before him!...   :laffs:  He shouts, "TOOK ME 23 HOURS TO GET HERE!!!  WOOO!!!..."   :banana:

Swore I though I'd heard @Rsquared pull up...   :lmao:

Edited by 98Z5V

1 hour ago, jtallen83 said:

JADE IPA from Foothills Brewing in Winston-Salem N.C. A touch of that tropical fruit taste up front then a peppery taste that fades into that fresh weed taste. Leaves that dry feeling in your mouth making you want another sip right away. Lots of hop and alcohol! 

IMG_0569.thumb.JPG.41233ce651c005c93284e851b9eaf05d.JPG

Dank ??

Breakfast Stout from Catawba Brewing in Morganton N.C. Absolutely unreal! The intensity of the coffee flavor reminds me of drinking an espresso, can't believe they got all that flavor in there, had to take a pile of beans! Pretty much a one note beer, just a slight hint of hop bitterness in the end but not much, even less bitter than I would expect from an espresso with this much coffee flavor. The only downside for me was finding out it would not be available in cans, just a small batch specialty run for the tasting house. 

IMG_0570.thumb.jpg.115598b732ca30dc285f7b377146612f.jpg

On ‎7‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 9:38 PM, 98Z5V said:

Just sayin'...  he pulls up to the Casa - FIRST ONE HERE LAST FALL!!!  :hail:  He opens his door to get out and 23 of those bastards jumped out before him!...   :laffs:  He shouts, "TOOK ME 23 HOURS TO GET HERE!!!  WOOO!!!..."   :banana:

Swore I though I'd heard @Rsquared pull up...   :lmao:

I'm not sure whether I should be ashamed or proud of that statement. :lmao: