• Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Hello from Kalifornia

wurger

On 8/28/2018 at 11:54 PM, Robocop1051 said:

Welcome from NorCal. 

Did you decide on a fixed mag or featureless yet?

Going with featureless. I don't like the compromises that come with fixed mag. I have grip fins on my featureless AR's, and shooting them isn't an issue for me. Plus, with featureless, it takes about 5 minute to swap out the fin grip if I'm shooting in a free state.

10 hours ago, wurger said:

Going with featureless. I don't like the compromises that come with fixed mag. I have grip fins on my featureless AR's, and shooting them isn't an issue for me. Plus, with featureless, it takes about 5 minute to swap out the fin grip if I'm shooting in a free state.

Ditto.

I’m using the Magpul MIAD with a finned backstrap. I can remove it in seconds and replace it with a standard backstrap. No special tools required. 

My final configuration is a Magpul MOE Rifle Stock with a Sparrow Dynamics grip, both in FDE. Not a whole lot of choice when you are looking for Kalifornia compliant grips in FDE.

I was considering fixed mag with the Juggernaut pin system, but don't like the thought of losing the bolt lock back capability.

I don’t like messing with the functionality of my firearm. Adding any kind of delay to the mechanism is a safety issue.  I had bullet buttons on my old rifles and I hated them. My go-to self-defense rifle was my Ruger GSR before any of my ARs. 

Adding a “fin grip“ was strictly a cosmetic change. I got used to the grip, just like I got used to a Glock versus a 1911. Once I quit bitching about how ugly and uncomfortable it was, I realized that it shot and performed absolutely fine. 

4 hours ago, DNP said:

I really don't want to pin my UBR. You guys are killin me. I think I'm gonna have to. 

4 hours ago, Robocop1051 said:

There has to be something less “permanent“ for the UBR. 

The UBR has internal locks in it - set it and forget it.  :thumbup: