• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

VG6 Gamma 6.5 muzzle brake with jam nut

Merle

Brake is in excellent condition. It was used for exactly 120 rounds on a 6.5 Grendel. 5/8-24 threas. Comes with a jam nut which works and looks better than a crush washer. It is designed to overlap the barrel so there is no gap once installed. The nut has an inside diameter of .770 so it will fit most AR barrels. $55 shipped. I have great feedback on AR15.com as Mizerle. 

20181023_113121.jpg

Edited by Merle

4 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

I could use this on the .260.  I work in Phx, wanna do this face to face?

Let's do it. I work nights at Luke AFB or we can meet some time this weekend. I'm off the I17 and Greenway. I'll do an even $50 since I won't have to hassle with shipping. I tried to send you a private message with my phone number but your profile is not set up to accept messages.

21 hours ago, Merle said:

Let's do it. I work nights at Luke AFB or we can meet some time this weekend. I'm off the I17 and Greenway. I'll do an even $50 since I won't have to hassle with shipping. I tried to send you a private message with my phone number but your profile is not set up to accept messages.

That's weird, I get PMs all the time. Anyway, I'll try to send you something, and see if it goes through.  I work Saturday, 9 to 1, and I can swing right up the 17 after that. 

My stuff is showing the message went through.  Lemme know in here if it didn't come through, and we can work it out.  :thumbup:

Edited by 98Z5V

Well, that worked - contact made.  You know you're screwed now, Merle...  and you'll get sucked in because you're an AZ guy...

This just went down last weekend, just south of you.  Had I known, or had you posted this last week... your face would have been in some of these pics, man...   :thumbup:

Good deal - Merle is awesome.  Went up to pick it up, and hung out for awhile - very cool guy, his wife is super cool, and his dog is WAAAAAY COOL!!!   :hail:  The dog didn't like me at first, because of my beard, but came around after a few minutes.  That dog won every single tug-of-war we had, too.  Damnit...   :laffs:

Same here - absolute pleasure to meet you.  We'll get out and shoot, certainly. I'll keep you informed.

That brake does this beast some justice, can't WAIT to shoot it in the morning, man!  Thank you, again.

P1060754.thumb.JPG.ebd3a39fb5f989cc5ef9d9ede5e41431.JPGP1060755.thumb.JPG.52a1a5a49fbb4fc8a4def54140317bb8.JPG

I can hear Morgan Freeman narrating Shawshank Redemption now....

”Poor Merle didn’t understand what kind of chaos he’d introduced into his life. Tom’s infectious nature silently spread, invisibly permeating into Merle’s very core. It was only a matter of time before Merle grew to be seven feet tall, for his third row of teeth to come in and that second coat of fur to grow out. One could only pray for Merle’s wife, in hopes that she too could come to love a primate.”

Fucker.  Don't let him in on the secret ALREADY...   He's FAMILY now, just not realizing it yet.  Bonus that he's local, and corruptable, through time... 

He reloads.  MAN, did I score on this deal, too - when I walked up, he was asking if I reloaded, and received a resounding "HELLYEAHIDO!". I was immediately presented with BAGS of brass that he has, and doesn't reload.  I got some .308, 6.5 Creed, and more... it was nuts.  How could I refuse that?!  Short answer is... don't. Towards the end of the adventure (it really was an adventure), he's saying, "What else can I pawn off on you before you leave?..."  I was dyin', man...   :laffs:

He's not fully aware yet, but he's a damn great addition to the group, here.  He's gonna end up at some shoots, and it's only downhill from there...  

Welcome, Merle, to what you didn't even realize...  yet...   You'll thank me later...   :thumbup::lmao:

Edited by 98Z5V

5 hours ago, Merle said:

I have a feeling this thread is spiralling into modern folklore and I'll I wanted to do was hock a second hand muzzle brake. 

Just lay back and let it happen, Merle.  It's destiny, no other way it couldn't be...  :banana:

For Merle, and his C-17 history - we talked about this at his house...

The CADILLAC of Paradrop Operations, right there.  :thumbup:

One thing I didn't mention - just thought about it when I watched that vid above...  In '99 or 2000, I "got tasked" (read, volunteered, as the Sky Whore that I am) to "test" the static line extensions that we needed, to the standard parachute, in order to jump the C-17.  Need a 5-foot extension to the parachute static line jump that Big Bitch...  All expenses paid vacation to Airborne Test Force in Yuma, AZ, in order to do this,  with the "guarantee" we'd get at least 4 jumps over the weekend.  What a great trip...   Static Jumpmaster says, "IF YOU CATCH A D-BAG TO THE FACE WHEN YOU EXIT, MAKE SURE YOU TELL THE DZSO WHEN YOU GET ON THE GROUND!!!.........   GO!!!..."

I was the door jumper on the first jump, when he yelled that, then the damn green light came on and I fucking LEFT...  and I was thinking...  WTF did he just say?!!?...   :lmao:

Didn't take a Deployment Bag to the face, so it all worked out...   :banana:

We had to rotate through jump positions, and nobody ever ate a D-Bag, so it was declared "successful," and we were jumping the C-17 at Lewis before anyone else was...   :hail:  Those Airborne Test Force dudes had video cameras ALL OVER that aircraft, even outside the jump door (above and below), catching everything we did.  After every damn jump we had to go back and watch all the videos, from all the angles - before we were released to go drinking that night...   :laffs:

Phillips DZ, in Yuma.  Pure sand, de-rocked a hundred times, so they said... That first jump I had no choice but to land, running with the wind... Normally, that would SUCK... and I tried to avoid it, but just couldn't... it was the softest fucking landing I've ever had - even running with the wind... I was bracing for it, just KNOWING it was goona SUCK BAD...  and I hit, sunk, and slid...  and I was laughing my entire ass off, all of it...   Best DZ EVER...  :lmao:

Edited by 98Z5V