• Visit Sportsmans Guide

308 ammo advice

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Belt Fed said:

I have shot tons of this stuff, It's decent priced and I've never had a failure with it. for range time it works well.

https://zqiammunition.com/

I was getting good accuracy for ball ammo with that stuff early on but the last couple years it seems to have went away, 3 MOA is as good as I see in it now.

3 minutes ago, Lonewolf McQuade said:

So what do you think,? Poor quality control in the manufacturing process?

I'm not sure what they did but when it first showed up in Walmart, in white boxes, I could get 1 MOA. It still functions but the accuracy went away when they went to the new boxes. The brass is still good for reloading though.

3 hours ago, jtallen83 said:

I'm not sure what they did but when it first showed up in Walmart, in white boxes, I could get 1 MOA. It still functions but the accuracy went away when they went to the new boxes. The brass is still good for reloading though.

Excellent brass for reloading. When Wal Mart discontinued it I picked it up for $5.40 for a box of 20 for plinking and new shooters. I can’t buy unfired brass for that price. Ended up buying 1000 rounds for $270

• 2 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, Matt.Cross said:

What's shipping costing you, just out of curiosity?

I just double-checked the invoice, $26 shipping via UPS and I elected to pay the $6 insurance in case porch pirates get it. Ups only covers up to $100 without insurance. Kind of figured it was a no-brainer for 6 bucks so I'm not out 600.

Edited by Lonewolf McQuade

20 minutes ago, Matt.Cross said:

You got an amazing deal.

It looks pretty good compared to some other places. Plus Palmetto and some of the other places I've bought in the past charge sales tax as well. Sgammo hasn't charged me any sales tax. Good friend of mine works for a larger dealer locally. He couldn't even come close to the price plus he would have to charge me tax and shipping..( I get everything at cost through him) 

15 minutes ago, washguy said:

Yall might try this place for free shipping and maybe a telephone deal?   Wash

https://carolinamunitions.com/ppu-ppm3082-match-308-winchester-7-62-nato-168-gr-hollow-point-boat-tail-200-rounds.html?asaid=as0004        they even have a 1000 round price  

That's the blue box PPU. I think that's one step below the match line, but I may be incorrect.. But still a decent price! Thanks for the tip, even if you are costing me to go broke LOLlololol

Edited by Lonewolf McQuade