• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

A tip of the hat

Rsquared

So, at the fall shootfest out in AZ back in October, at one point, Rob wanted to run my 300 black SBR with a can on it (my oldest 762-SD). At that moment, he saw that something wasn't quite right and that the can wouldn't screw onto the muzzle and stay tight. Both him and I looked at it, and found that the ratchet teeth (for the QD mount) had spun out of the damn thing (well....afterall.....it's almost 7 years old at that point). So after my return to my super secret East Coast base (FUK that drive), I dealt with AAC and started the process of returning it to them for repair. The ratcheting assembly is part of the registered device, so they couldn't just send me the parts to repair it, they had to repair it themselves. So, by the time Christmas rolls around, I have everything sorted out to send it back to them......which I do at no cost to me. They sent me a return shipping label that covered all of it.

Now. Flash forward to this week. The can comes back to me via UPS. I unpack it and check it out.

Not only did they repair the ratchet  mechanism, but they welded a whole new nose on the thing. I know that because it had a slight egg shape to the exit hole (on the bidness end of it) from a high flyer that came out of it once. Coming back, the thing looked new. Then, they obviously stripped it's anodizing and re-applied it. I could tell because the anodizing had been worn off around the serial number from use and abuse before it was sent in, but the whole thing had a brand new coat applied to it.

I'm fuking impressed. Apparently, a lifetime warranty STILL applies to some companies in this world. I was ready to pay something for the repair (afterall, the thing was FAR from new anymore). But after the initial conversation with the guy on the phone at AAC, I never heard from them again. They simply fixed it and sent it back to me. With NO cost at all. I repeat, NO COST AT ALL.

THIS is why I love AAC equipment. And for all the mother-fucking that any of us may do about Cerberus group (now the parent company of Remington/AAC and others), they still honor the original warranties.

Besides the fact that I already own multiple AAC suppressors, I'll continue to buy them in the future when I want new ones.

Here endith the sermon.

Carry on. As you were.