Lets See your 300 blackout pistols

washguy

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi JT    ive got the SBa3 on its way.....the whole kit buffer tube buffer ect ect  from Delta ...smoking deal 105 free shipping

https://www.deltateamtactical.com/SB-Tactical-Ar-15-SBA3-Pistol-Brace-Mil-Spec-Tube-Kit-Add-To-Cart-To-See-Special-Sale-Price_p_7979.html      im starting to get pumped....lets see some builds....what length is the best? is there any reason to go match grade on a super short barrel? :thumbup:   Wash

:laffs:  my phone freaked out...so now im in a conundrum .....my vortex scope pusher has a 1x8 strike eagle that my Doc wants...and the scope pusher has barrels and $hit....he wants me to buy a Shillen match grade that he has but its a satin stainless for 90 bills he got em cause they were supposed to be 8.5 but they turned out to be 9 inches..so that's why the great price...but I don't want stainless I want black nitride....hes forcing my head down like that bitch in VA.....what to do cerakote? A pro cerakote job is as much as the barrel and the last time I used an oven to color a lower I almost got divorced ...ive only got till  tomorrow to figure this out...the gun pusher will be camping out in my yard.....he showed me pics of his sbr at 100 with this barrel and it was clover leaf....he sez no one can see stainless thru the rail...BS I rebarrelled 2  16 inchers this weekend and you damn sure can see thru the rail...... the other isde of this is that all my $hit will be here and I could be popping off rounds.....btw shouldn't I take the pistol over to the POPO station and get their okay on the pistol build,,,maybe Chief Lunz will write me a letter :bitchslap:   Wash

9 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

I'll Cerakote that motherfucker for you, for nothing.  That sounds like a badass barrel - buy that bitch and send it to me, and I'll coat it and send it back.  Nothing, brother. :thumbup:

Thanks brother !  but I thought the only color you have is dong purple?   so wait do I get the h or c rated in cerakote and since its already bead blasted it ought to take the cerakote black real good with out too much prep right?   :thumbup:    Wash

btw...I think with Char being down and out on the hormone side and all that weight gone...I think I can take her on and win... if she gets pissed on the oven deal with cerakote.....and she cant rack her 9mm compacts in her weakend  condition...right?

Edited by washguy

C-Series (air-dry) would be best, to resist heat - but how hot you gonna get that thing?  I've done barrels in H-Series (bake on, less heat resistant than C), and they're fine.  Don't "auto" them like you would a suppressor that just eats heat, and it's not a big deal...   :thumbup:

C is more heat resistant (air dry).  H is more abrasion resistant (bake on).

Edited by 98Z5V

ill go c then hell it aint gonna get scratched under the rail.....so will it be a dull finish on satin stainless?   :thumbup:  Wash

wait a sec.....il use that dip it stuff like they put on plier handles...didi you knw they are dipping freakin cars now...sheeesh

Edited by washguy

4 minutes ago, washguy said:

so will it be a dull finish on satin stainless?

You determine the finish based on the C-Series you order or apply.  They are what they are.  On the H-Series (bake), I get to determine the finish based on how much of the hardener I add to the mix before I spray it -I can make it gloss, semi-gloss, flat, WAY flat - based on the ratio of hardener I add in the mix.  C is what it is, so pick the right one.  :thumbup:

Your barrel ain't gonna get hot enough to smoke some H-Series (bake), at all, brother - especially black.  It just ain't.  You're not doing full-auto mag dump after mag dump...  H lets you pick how your finish is, in the ratio... 

4 hours ago, washguy said:

JT and shooter...Yep that's what I want..the muzzle just hanging out there no barrel...Shooter how do you like that brake I saw it and almost got it    Wash

I like the brake. It throws the sound forward. I have the same brake on my PA10. Does a good job of controlling recoil. Probably will use the same brake on the Grendel I am building.

1 hour ago, washguy said:

What Ceracote C do I need for a nitride looking barrel....they had a ton of blacks glacier black .socom,matte, black face black , your mamas azz black...which one ???? Wash  ....found my air brush......ready to rock

Glacier Black, brother.  Graphite black is also a satin finish, but comes out with a hint of gray - like graphite.

If you were doing H-series, I'd tell you Armor Black, then mix the right hardener ratio to it.  That's the blackest black I've ever seen. Blacker than Triple Black Black Double Black.  It's Black...  :lmao:

Thank you brother !    Glacier black it is  of course in c series.....that crap is pricey....prolly should either not buy that match Shillen stainless and get a black nitride...or just leave it as is....gun pusher sez...man you cant pass up this barrel for 90 bills its a match and heres the group I shot at 100 with one...and geez no ones gonna see the stainless anyway behind the rail...BS yes you can I know this..i just finished 2 satins....ill meet you on the corner of MacArthur in the parking lot like always...right?   :bitchslap:    Wash

Edited by washguy