• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Lets See your 300 blackout pistols

washguy

I have a BCA 16" M4-profile barrel in 6.5 Grendel, and it shoots the lights out...  I'm not against BCA, by any means. I didn't expect that from it, and was happy.

You don't buy one, though, and expect match-accurate from it though - and bitch when it isn't...   :thumbup:

Edited by 98Z5V

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/2/2019 at 11:10 AM, jtallen83 said:

In the meantime I scored a Nordic Comp 10.5 inch at CDNN.

Gotta brag up this Nordic Comp barrel, shoots super tight groups with Remington subs, like under 2 inch at 100 yards with irons and for my old eyes that is great, at about 20 yards it hit the 2 inch repeatedly without a miss.The fit and finish was impeccable. Wishing I would have bought two while they had them, even though I don't need another 300 BO..........

On 8/6/2019 at 1:52 PM, jtallen83 said:

Gotta brag up this Nordic Comp barrel, shoots super tight groups with Remington subs, like under 2 inch at 100 yards with irons and for my old eyes that is great, at about 20 yards it hit the 2 inch repeatedly without a miss.The fit and finish was impeccable. Wishing I would have bought two while they had them, even though I don't need another 300 BO..........

I've got a Nordic Comp 18" barrel in my original Mk12 Mod 0, it's the only one I own, and I completely agree with you - that thing shoots super tight groups, perfect fit and finish.  Definitely an impressive barrel.  Too bad they don't make that profile anymore, or I'd definitely recommend it for 5.56.  They do very good barrels.   :thumbup:

• 5 months later...
6 minutes ago, sketch said:

I nabbed 2 and havent fired them yet.. (223)

The BCA side chargers?   where can you get a bad azz sidecharger upper and bcg for a 100 bills on sale and 125 sumthin when not?....slap a 45 dollar 300 aac BCA barrel on one.... remember if you have the BCA one locktite  or rocksett the lil allen head bolt that goes into carrier and dont screw it down tight or your bolt wont rotate...thats the reason for rocksett.....all thats needed is some more allenhead bolts dremeled to correct length so it doesnt bottom out into bolt    get busy Sketch!    :banana:  Wash

8 minutes ago, washguy said:

The BCA side chargers?   where can you get a bad azz sidecharger upper and bcg for a 100 bills on sale and 125 sumthin when not?....slap a 45 dollar 300 aac BCA barrel on one.... remember if you have the BCA one locktite  or rocksett the lil allen head bolt that goes into carrier and dont screw it down tight or your bolt wont rotate...thats the reason for rocksett.....all thats needed is some more allenhead bolts dremeled to correct length so it doesnt bottom out into bolt    get busy Sketch!    :banana:  Wash

just re read this whats the skinny here? the lug engages the bolt? 

Edited by sketch
charghandle bolt (lug)

Just now, sketch said:

just re read this whats the skinny here? the lug engages the bolt? 

So when I got my first one I was pulling on the bolt seeing how harsh it was gonna be in break in...well hell it didnt budge....the lil handle has a allen head bolt that is threaded into the carrier...but they didnt engineer it real good cause if the handle doesnt spin and its fully tightened the bolt end will lock the bolt down to carrier....so just only tighten to hand tight and roller handle must spin...used some bad azz thread crap on it or dremel the end of bolt so it cant hit the bolt      ....Wash

Just now, sketch said:

whats the tell tale if its hitting the bolt? @washguy

the bolt wont rotate... the lil handle must spin...then you know its set up right and you will know.......or go to hardware and get a handful of grade 8 allen heads and start cutting the end until you can tighten without hitting the bolt  .....Wash

2 minutes ago, washguy said:

the bolt wont rotate... the lil handle must spin...then you know its set up right and you will know.......or go to hardware and get a handful of grade 8 allen heads and start cutting the end until you can tighten without hitting the bolt  .....Wash

so i can manually function without hard pull, and with the upper off the bolt and firing pin are free.. can't remove bolt due to side ccarge.. so mechanically i think im good, and my handle doesn't rotate? 

1 minute ago, washguy said:

Dont locktite your bolt to the carrier either.....so remember that you have to do your cleaning and oiling of bcg....then locktite.....but hell im going to get the right length screw and be done with it...hell i shot a 100 rounds with them and all is well.....or since a washer is too thick....wrap some thin copper wire around head of allen then put it into the handle...that will shorten the length... yeah thats the ticket....lol

Just now, sketch said:

can't remove bolt due to side ccarge.. so mechanically i think im good, and my handle doesn't rotate? 

sure you can....unscrew that end plug on the back of upper....stick the right size allen wrench in the handle and remove it and then the bcg just slides out....handle should rotate...the lil bolt is inside handle just unscrew with wrench  ......Wash