• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Lets See your 300 blackout pistols

washguy

Looks like tomorrow is the day for taking the pistol to the range.....so when the counter guy sez whatcha shootin today? What do I say? its a pistol ,but I need to go to the rifle range?  effin A Bubba.....then he sez gimme your effin membership back and hit the door Wash:laffs:

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, Lane said:

I am so interested in this. What are you planning to shoot out of it?

Lane  Me and my buddy have found the Remington 300 aac 125 grain HP's to be the most accurate load out of many many brands and different loads out of our 16 inch blkouts...so ill prolly start with Privi 125 boattail Hp's like the Remington just to get it on paper and loosened up...then go to Remington for the final tune hoping that its accurate like in our 16's....but if not ive got a $hitload of other brands and loads ill bring with me...Yes I laffed off the Remingtons till I tried em...but then again I was able to source the fabled underground green box Remington that is Barnes brass primer and bullet ...my supply of those has dwindled ,but the regular Remington is almost as accurate as the Barnes.... 75 plus degrees and calm winds.....yippee  :fullauto:   Wash

2 minutes ago, washguy said:

Remington 300 aac 125 grain HP's

I have seen nothing like this on the shelf anywhere. I have only one box of Nosler 110 for initial testing. It looks close enough to the neck spec that it will be the only thing I fire through my first barrels (so far). 

I should have a handful of fresh made ladder loads by the time my guns go bang. This is such an interesting cartridge that I can't even begin to understand. That's because I'm a New York resident by the way; and have no experience with pistol powder...

Brothers went to the range today...78 degrees sunny and the pistol ran from fr the get go ...what fun this 300 is....lemme try and post videos from cell ill be back with the info...  Ha well crap why did it load up sideways? ill fix it....but this gun is fun....the Remington wasn't that great the privy ppu 125 was good but the Fiocchi 125 ballistic tip was the tightest and softest shooting...used a Kaw valley heavy azz buffer and the gas turned halfway down...shot the videos with one hand ...shot the gun with one hand ...never jumped off the bags...too much fun...wasn't even loud with this flash can...not too bad of grouping with the bear creek 43 dollar barrel :laffs:   Wash

lemme fix the vids...im always sideways

20190308_150432.jpg

Edited by washguy

8 hours ago, washguy said:

but this gun is fun

That's the reason my wife gave for wanting one. She was hitting a two inch steel disc at 15 yards and fell in love with mine. Subsonics with a suppressor are just a giggle fest, it is the new most requested "pistol" when I make range trips with the grandkids.

8 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

:lmao:  For Char, right?...   :laffs:

Well brother 98...one for me...this is hers:laffs:......hope they have sone more 35 dollar barrels left?....a question to you sir....you have till the stroke midnight to answer this question.

if a pistol barrel say is 7.5 inches or 7....and the barrel twist is 1:8...does even one rotation happen in the rifling? how does a projectile get its spin start in a shorter than a one twist barrel....does this leave a bullet to keyhole its target for lack of rotation???  :paranoid:  Wash

oh...and do you believe the new congress is gonna go after gun rights say in ammo...and is it a good time to buy?

Edited by washguy

6 minutes ago, washguy said:

Well brother 98...one for me...this is hers:laffs:......hope they have sone more 35 dollar barrels left?....a question to you sir....you have till the stroke midnight to answer this question.

if a pistol barrel say is 7.5 inches or 7....and the barrel twist is 1:8...does even one rotation happen in the rifling? how does a projectile get its spin start in a shorter than a one twist barrel....does this leave a bullet to keyhole its target for lack of rotation???  :paranoid:  Wash

Nope - and I've got time here...   :banana:

Look at a 9mm pistol barrel, in a pistol - it's usually 1:10" twist, and the barrels aren't anywhere near that - it doesn't have to spin a full revolution or rotation, in whatever twist length, to stabilize it.  :thumbup:

Edited by 98Z5V

Thank you Brother.....im with you a cheap short barrels if one can test which ammo works better,,,of course this should be done with all new builds too,,,,its amazing how a cartridge with same weight and all will act different in same gun    Wash

On 3/8/2019 at 12:41 AM, washguy said:

Looks like tomorrow is the day for taking the pistol to the range.....so when the counter guy sez whatcha shootin today? What do I say? its a pistol ,but I need to go to the rifle range?  effin A Bubba.....then he sez gimme your effin membership back and hit the door Wash:laffs:

Had this happen at my local range . Took My TC pro hunter pistol to range, Its a 7mm-08 and RO laughed when I asked could I shoot my pistol on the 100 yard line. Showed it to him and he refused so it didn't get shot that day. I refuse to let that thing off its chain at 25 yards.

On 3/8/2019 at 12:41 AM, washguy said:

• 3 months later...

Got the Wife's 300 BO back from paint and started putting it together, hit a snag with the under $50 Bear Creek barrel. It will not allow a suppressor to pass the alignment gauge test, Tried three different AAC QD devices, on and off a couple times with different shims, even no shim. Last try balled up the shim. Hits the baffle no matter what so shopping for another 10.5 inch and not focusing on the money so much...........

Wife has bad hands from Rheumatoid Arthritis so she wanted larger controls for mag release and bolt catch. Loving the Aero ambi bolt catch. I am liking the layout of the Knights ambi mag release, easy manipulation but still with some stiffness so hopefully we don't end up with mags dropping lose from bumps. It also allows you to get to the trigger pins :thumbup:

Cerakote was only a tad over $200, I think he did a good job with all the smaller parts. Couldn't make it work on the Midwest handguard covers, made them black but then the stencils would not stick enough to get it to match the lines on the rifle. Now to get a matching sling from Brother Jacob, and of course a barrel.................

IMG_1891.thumb.JPG.9efadc0fb03aed20571dffcb99dbd66b.JPG179035574_IMG_1894(2)_LI.thumb.jpg.1286fffccc15b95b567ed711ac519d8d.jpgIMG_1897.thumb.JPG.b17719387a0a777e2f2dbb2ed38869cb.JPG

IMG_1895.jpgIMG_1900.thumb.JPG.b873794fe810f55b17430c56733da843.JPG

Edited by jtallen83

14 minutes ago, jtallen83 said:

Loving the Aero ambi bolt catch.

IMG_1900.thumb.JPG.b873794fe810f55b17430c56733da843.JPG

I only have one with that PDQ bolt catch/bolt release, and it's on the 25-45.  I love it, too. WAY-smart design, and we can add that to any lower receiver. 

Damn good lookin' gun, brother.  Call Bear Creek about that barrel - I talked to them at SHOT, and their stuff has a pretty solid guarantee.  If you tell them the issue, I'm sure they'd send you another barrel with zero dollars expended.  :thumbup:

Teal Blue Bravo (that's an Infantry reference) is the only company that makes that PDQ, for those that didn't know.  Several companies sell it.  Support the source, if you can.  I'll be adding more, over time, but I've never prioritized it.

https://www.tealbluebravollc.com/

Edited by 98Z5V

On 6/29/2019 at 8:44 PM, 98Z5V said:

Call Bear Creek about that barrel

Called, nice people, several return options but I don't have the info I need and don't really feel like messing with it. Bought it from Primary Arms and my order info there just shows item no longer available. I imagine I will just find someone that can use it as is, lots of grandkids wanting builds :thumbup:

In the meantime I scored a Nordic Comp 10.5 inch at CDNN.

Edit; They sent me a prepaid postage printout and said get ahold of them if I have any problems. Barrel is on the way back now. 

Edited by jtallen83

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/2/2019 at 11:10 AM, jtallen83 said:

Edit; They sent me a prepaid postage printout and said get ahold of them if I have any problems. Barrel is on the way back now. 

Got the tracking number today, new barrel inbound, can't complain about BC's customer service. We shall see if the new one will pass the gauge.

JT my barrel from Bear looks like hammered crap on the ramps.....guess what?.....it never misses a lick..looks ugly shoots lights out....best 43 dollar barrel I own....cause its the only one....lol.....ill take one of these anytime !:laffs:  wash

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/16/2019 at 6:39 PM, jtallen83 said:

Got the tracking number today, new barrel inbound, can't complain about BC's customer service. We shall see if the new one will pass the gauge.

Passes headspace and suppressor gauge tests. Now I feel obligated to build another 300 BO pistol.........

7 hours ago, jtallen83 said:

Passes headspace and suppressor gauge tests. Now I feel obligated to build another 300 BO pistol.........

Good to hear, brother.  :thumbup:

I'm wondering how much of this "Hornady ELD-M" bashing we have to go through with Phantom here, on his two BCA barrels, his 22" and 24".  This guy is insisting that 6.5mm ELD-Ms WILL DENT when you chamber them...  They don't on my shiit. Maybe they do on his BCA barrels.  That's one hard-headed motherfucker, right there, and thinks his way is the only way.  His budget guns aren't performing.  Hmmm..  Ya think?...

Guy needs to "learn how to learn... "  Off my :soap:

It all comes down to the Machinist's Rules, brother, and so many people can't comprehend that.  Budget barrels are budget barrels, and are not McGowen barrels, LaRue barrels, PacNor barrels, Shilen barrels, etc.

This breaks it down well.

good-fast-or-cheap.jpg