• Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Fishing last summer.

Guest Belt Fed

Guest Belt Fed
1 minute ago, Sisco said:

:thumbup: Will be chasing walleye, northern pike and lake trout through the ice in a couple of days! Nice fish.

I bet those big pike are fun to catch, the hybrids and whites start schooling and chasing shad here in the middle of summer. it can get interesting sometimes. can't get enough baits to em in time. but if you even get close on a cast you will catch one. I like to follow the big schools of shad around with the trolling motor. sure enough they will attack the shad sooner or later. sometimes the big hybrids stay deep and I troll with deep runner for them. the lake I catch them in has Walleye, think they mostly catch them in the fall. I've only caught a couple there. they are good eating.

Guest beltfed
8 hours ago, unforgiven said:

Living the dream brother ?

Trying too, i'm retired and got the time. well sometimes I do. but ya gotta make time for hunting and fishing.:laffs:

Guest beltfed

I taught printing in a vocational school, we printed everything for the largest school district in the state. We stayed busy. I retired after 38 years. started there when I was 21. 

Guest beltfed

Awesome, yep you should be getting close. First couple years of retirement I wondered how I had time to go to work.lol was bust catching up on stuff all the time.

• 4 months later...
  • 11 months later...

:laffs: I tried to pull a Rambo cause i didn't want to leave cause they were biting good. so i tried to pull it out and it wasn't coming out. the barb had some meat and it wasn't budgin. so then i said well i'll just push it through. i'd done pulled on it enough where it was hurting and sore, so i stopped the heroic rambo stuff and drove the boat back 3 miles to the dock and loaded it up on a trailer and took my old ass to the urgent care. 

I hate finger and toe injuries.  Freak me out.  Lop your arm off, just above the wrist, I'm looking at radius and ulna sticking out, making fun of me?  No issues.  First,  tourniquet, and we'll stop that bleeding.  We worry about other shiit after that.  But FINGERS AND TOES....   GAWD DAYMIT!!!

If that hook was in MY thumb, that bastard would have come out quick, and I ain't kidding.  There's no way I could look at it, and drive myself to an urgent care - I'd pass the fuk out first.  That hook would HAVE to go, one direction or another.  Won't pull?  PUSH, and HARD, and cut the end off and get the rest out. Right after that, I'd barf, then disinfect the wound and dress it.  If I didn't pass out first.