• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Nice morning

Sisco

Left Ashland 7 am. Ran to Madeline's North Side. Had to avoid 6 (count em 6) tribal gill nets to the Northern tip. Green Water untill we rounded the north end, then clear blue
7 for 7. 4 lakers, 2 browns, 1 coho. Back at the dock at 1.

20190607_132359.jpg

Nothing like fresh fish.  Went with the Mrs and her mom for lunch the other day.  Bought a fried fish dish and was deeply disappointed.  I usually eat my own catch,  so this frozen fried stuff while appealing had no real flavor other than the breading.  Good job Sisco.

57 minutes ago, RedRiverII said:

Nothing like fresh fish.  Went with the Mrs and her mom for lunch the other day.  Bought a fried fish dish and was deeply disappointed.  I usually eat my own catch,  so this frozen fried stuff while appealing had no real flavor other than the breading.  Good job Sisco.

Surprised by the fish markets in Florida. The ones on the Gulf have Amberjack allover the place. The ones on the Atlantic side don’t have it at all! Ilove Amberjack! But I have to drive to the Gulf side to get it! Been reading up on surf fishing for sharks for next winter.

That's funny,  the mates that work this side (East Coast) talk down Amberjack.  How do you make it?  I'm keeping the next one I catch and using you recipe if you provide one.  The guys talk highly of King Mackerel smoked and made into a dip.  I may get a smoker.  My favorite are the yellow tail snapper,  and mahi mahi.  I won the pool recently with a fish named Summer Tally.  Somewhat uncommon,  even the Capt. came running to the bow to see it,  saying you won't forget how good this fish is,  he was correct.  Cobia keeper still on my bucket list as well as black fin tuna.  Need to eat one of those as I hear they are terrific tasting.  

• 1 month later...