• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

10 mm Kimber Custom II

Sisco

7 hours ago, Sisco said:

Ordered-on the way to my FFL guy. Probably the last firearm I will buy. I am taking a few in to be sold on consignment to make room. Nothing earthshaking, just need to get rid of some safe queens.

Congrats!  Let us know how you like it. I've got too many unused guns in my safes as well. Can never bring myself to sell any.  Even the obsolete ones. Anybody interested in non-removable breech plug muzzle loaders, a 16 Ga. single-shot shot gun, a 70 y.o. 12 ga. Ithica featherweight or a virtually new .22 revolver?  What the heck do you do with crap like that any way?

1 hour ago, MtnMike said:

Congrats!  Let us know how you like it. I've got too many unused guns in my safes as well. Can never bring myself to sell any.  Even the obsolete ones. Anybody interested in non-removable breech plug muzzle loaders, a 16 Ga. single-shot shot gun, a 70 y.o. 12 ga. Ithica featherweight or a virtually new .22 revolver?  What the heck do you do with crap like that any way?

Exactly!

20 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

This sounds interesting.  

It was my dad's first gun he bought when he was around 10-12 on an installment plan from a local merchant. (He's 86 now)  Very used. Took many deer, turkeys, squirrels and rabbits. Was neglectfully stored in a damp metal gun cabinet up at the lake cabin before I cleaned it out a few years ago. Outside of barrel is pitted from rust to the point I wouldn't feel safe shooting it. I've though about replacing the barrel and a cracked stock - but I doubt I ever will.

Edited by MtnMike

4 hours ago, MtnMike said:

It was my dad's first gun he bought when he was around 10-12 on an installment plan from a local merchant. (He's 86 now)  Very used. Took many deer, turkeys, squirrels and rabbits. Was neglectfully stored in a damp metal gun cabinet up at the lake cabin before I cleaned it out a few years ago. Outside of barrel is pitted from rust to the point I wouldn't feel safe shooting it. I've though about replacing the barrel and a cracked stock - but I doubt I ever will.

That's a Model 37, I'm pretty sure.  No trigger disconnector.  That could be worth something, even as it sits.  :thumbup:

Without digging through the upstairs safe to confirm - Model 37 sounds right. I looked it up a couple of years ago, shortly after I'd removed the guns out of the lake cabin.  At that time at least (still pre-Lockdown), I could've gotten both the barrel and the stock without too much effort.  I guess my thinking in not doing so was kind of two-fold.  One - even if I fixed it up, I wouldn't use it. I'm kind of attached to my own Mossburg 500 - which will always be "if you can only grab one" gun. Two - if I fixed it up, it wouldn't still really be the same gun.  So I'm guessing it'll just remain in the upstairs safe, along with a few other misfit toys, guns I'm holding for a nephew until he has a secure place to keep them, and a few black rifles of which the wife is unaware.  Hell, they all look the same; who can tell them apart? Right?

Itch scratched.

Initial impressions: For being a standard size 1911 this thing is massive! That bull barrel adds some heft. The trigger is smooth as silk. easily the best I have found on a 1911. I was looking at a Dan Wesson 10mm 1911 that was $700 more and the trigger is comparable. Will report more after a range visit. As you can see it is a handful. 

PXL_20230831_171137135.jpg

PXL_20230831_195136025.jpg

PXL_20230831_195002126.jpg

Edited by Sisco

8 hours ago, Sisco said:

Nope, I am not that big.

That's straight bullshiit.   :laffs:  Remember the pics from a few years ago, where we showed @jrtmasp running a fullsized AR-10, getting after it?  Yeah, that giant heavy 14lb gun looked like someone's miniature Mk18 SBR in his stance...   :banana:

You're the same way... 

6 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

That's straight bullshiit.   :laffs:  Remember the pics from a few years ago, where we showed @jrtmasp running a fullsized AR-10, getting after it?  Yeah, that giant heavy 14lb gun looked like someone's miniature Mk18 SBR in his stance...   :banana:

You're the same way... 

okay, in seven weeks you can decide for yourself how big I am.