• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Wood Tool Chest

RedRiverII

I went to Harbor Freight for an inexpensive breaker bar,  found some good buys,  but this wood tool chest copped the cake.  It's like a jewelry box for parts and nice looking.  On sale from whatever to $75.  I had the 20% coupon for one item which bought it down to $60. I thought it worthwhile enough to offer a head's up. 

IMG_1300.JPG

IMG_1301.JPG

IMG_1302.JPG

IMG_1303.JPG

IMG_1304.JPG

IMG_1305.JPG

IMG_1306.JPG

IMG_1307.JPG

IMG_1308.JPG

IMG_1309.JPG

Thanks,  I've been wanting to visit a Harbor Freight for thirty years and never went in.  A couple of fellow construction workers bought in reciprocating saws from HF and they really weren't up to snuff for heavy duty building,  so I assumed all their stuff was '  less than '  stellar.  Too bad my wife was along yesterday or I would've bought a lot more stuff.  18" x 1/2" socket breaker bar $13,  3 sets of Allen and torx wrenches $6,  tarps $3.  They also had some woodcraft children's models for .99 cents,  good holiday basket packing stuff for the kids.  I bought a 6" caliper for a backup.  I did not get the micrometer,  although I will.  I had more fun at that HF store than I did my first visit to a Sear's toolshed.  I believe it might be a good place for our first time builder's crowd for many tools.  BTW it was my wife who talked me into the wooden box.  She likes neat,  and assumed my cardboard box filing system would disappear.  Hmm well maybe.

Edited by RedRiverII

They have a couple of levels of quality for tools.  As Ray said, impact tools and their "Pro" line of hand tools are very good for the money.  They have some decent cordless and corded power tools.  I would not try to use them professionally.  Learn which tools are which and you can get a good buy.

There is also an app that shows you all valid coupons available.  It even has coupons that may not be found in your area.

Cool,  thanks for the information,  especially on money saving coupons.  Before anyone thinks I'm getting down on Harbor Freight,  it is not my intention.  I'm talking power tools that were sold 25 years ago.  I bought high end tools when working in the field.  While I didn't visit HF for power tools this time out,  I'm sure many people are overjoyed with their tools.  I can see why.  I am recommending a visit to HF,  it was worth my while and believe it is worth your time.  The breaker bar I bought is for removing a barrel nut,  and not using the torque wrench or socket wrenches I already own.  I bought Proto back in the day for breaking nuts and bolts on 8" flange valves.  I'm not going to spend big bucks for tools I expect to use occasionally.  Proto breaker bar at Grainger $101---  Harbor Freight $13.  I'm going HF on this one for gunsmithing in a home shop.  I'm not showing up at NASA with anything less than Proto.  

In any event that wood tool chest is already in use and worth a look at.

I keep several Pittsburgh tools in my truck. If they get stole I haven't lost a lot of money. Their lifetime warrenty is better than most tools. they don't ask no questions. just tell you to go get another. Craftsman won't do that. I have only broke one thing from them and it was my fault.

I can testify to the quality of their Cut off saw. I have used it to make 400-300 Blk cases out of 5.56 cases.

https://www.harborfreight.com/6-in-55-amp-cut-off-saw-61659.html

Thinking that wood box would make a nice container for all my weapon cleaning supplies. Might get oily though.

Edited by Sisco

7 hours ago, Sisco said:

I can testify to the quality of their Cut off saw. I have used it to make 400-300 Blk cases out of 5.56 cases.

I'm probably about the same number on the one-size smaller chop saw, on 300BLK, too, and that little thing is still going strong.   :thumbup: