• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Free topo maps!

blue109

really cool looking at these and thinking about it from the ground perspective while im offroading. already got some new stuff to check out. my usual playground was about 6 grids.  i think ill jigsaw up each grid and laminate them so they arent too big and find a cool bag or pouch to keep them in. 

• 2 weeks later...

To update...i left the margin on the bottom and left side of each map square, and folded over the top and right side. That way you can always overlap the adjacent section for a seamless fit while still being able to see the coordinates  at the left edge if you need them. I folded the other side instead of cutting it off so you can still flip the map over if you want to see the numbers on that edge. Kinkos has self laminating machines but the maps are a little too big. They charged me $18 to laminate six sections front and back and they did a pretty good job. Small wrinkled section in one corner thats not important but it looks like it was my fault for not taping that side down well. i was considering buying a roll of laminate and doing it myself, but ive laminated a million maps over my mil career and it can be a hassle and I didnt want to deal with it. I traced out the main trail up with highlighter before lamination for quick reference. Thought about marking them up more but I can always sharpie the other stuff.

@98Z5V

Can you shoot me a link or coordinates to the spot? Id like to burn that out as well. I zoomed around but im not 100% sure I was in the right spot.

20191221_091009.jpg

Edited by blue109