• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

AR10 Neophyte Looking to Learn

USA_774

I had in the past owned a few AR15's.  I really enjoyed shooting them until I had a tragic boating accident and all my guns were lost.

In the plethora of PreBlack Friday e-mails I found one from Stag Arms.  They had what appeared to be a good deal on a DPMS Style AR10 upper and lower set on sale.

Due to the fact I am blind in one eye and can't see out of the other(as my late Dad always told me), I decided on a left handed set and now I am trying to learn the intricacies of building an AR10.  I first thought about building a .308 because I had a .308  before the previously mentioned boating accident and I thought I could use the left over ammo.  Then I decided to try out a 6.5 CM because it seems to be all the rage.  So after I receive the receiver set I am going to start assembling the pieces to complete the build. 

I am open to any and all suggestions on best parts and practices for this build.

Thanks,

Chris from the Republic of Tejas.