• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Another from CA

mac83

Hello everyone!  Another noob to the .308, but not the AR.  I'be been lurking for the past couple days (please forgive), while I wait for my "cool off period" to expire and I can head back down to JD Machine and pick up the matched set i ordered.  Trying to get as much info as possible before I start pouring money into this build.

This is an awesome site, already learned A TON!

• 1 month later...

I also have just received a JD Machine upper & lower 2 weeks ago. With xmas coming I am holding off going any further. I have a big list with all my new friend here @ 308ar.com . I bought my Sig 516 complete . Did'nt do my home work from start to finish. Made some costly mistakes. I'm going to listen and take suggestion with this one and hopefully get what I want the first time.

• 1 month later...

I love my JD Machine upper & lower. But the service is not so good. I got a lower parts kit. When I got to the catch bolt pin on the parts kit it was threaded and the lower was not threaded . I sent the lower back to JD to fix. Rather than go into detail. I have made several calls and its finally fixed but they just wont send it back to me. I am itching to get this 308 going.

Do I have to go get it myself.

They make beautiful stuff, but I fear the best part of their company split off when Kaiser Mil Tech left. I've heard bad rumor about their business practice too.

All that is opinion and hearsay. Don't let that take away from their quality of work. They are very good at what they do. They are also extra affordable for us Cali boys.

If you are near the SD area, I say stop by their shop. I talked to one of their machinists on the phone a year ago. He was very helpful and took care of me in a few days.

Called JD Machine this morning and they told me that he would call back with an answer. I called back in the afternoon and I was told that the lower had not been sent. I told them that I would pick up @ the Costa Mesa show. Why is it so hard to plop the darn thing in the the mail or UPS. Its been fixed for 3 weeks. I love there products and that they are in California. I plan to buy more stuff from them if I can work this poor service out. I hope to visit their shop. JD just opened a show room that they never had before. Maybe that's the problem with the service. Next time I post I well be asking on how to put the lower parts kit together. Hopefully.

All is well @ Zuma Beach . I received my lower the next day

with the bolt catch pivot threaded. It came back in perfect shape.  Bought a bolt carrier @ the Costa Mesa Gun Show, so I have a complete gun less hand guard and barrel. I hope to be complete under 2000.00 So far I have 1260.00  into it.  My thoughts on a barrel is 14 1/2" to 16" w/Vltor 2 1/4" flash hider , free floating hand guard, and raised gas block. I saw a Lewis Machine 16" for 466.00 . A bit pricey. Could use the help.