• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Armalite 30mm Scope Mounts.

I'm a fan of Armalite one piece scope mounts. They're familiar to me, they're durable, and they are
(were) reasonably priced. Also, it seems like the fashion today is toward extreme cantelever scope
mounts, and they don't look very robust to me.

I standardized on 30mm scopes some years ago and, (if I recall correctly) 30mm Armalite scope mounts
come in two varieties: Low and high. I began this farrago owning two 10805010 mounts (high) and one
EX0022 (low) mount, but I needed another mount for a Tikka T3X that I bought last year. VZ925 was kind
enough to send me a link to the last retail EX0022 in existance (at Wolverine Supply) which I bought,
but I wanted a spare mount. It came to me courtesy of a Gunbroker auction for $30.00 with me as the
sole bidder (the mount is fine, but it didn't present well), and it was immediately installed on an
Aero Precision AR 5.56 that I couldn't resist building. Again I needed a spare mount.

I passed on a couple of 1" Armalite scope mounts on ebay and GB, and I passed on a like new 10805010
on GB for $89.00 (+ $10.00 s/h). Then a like new 10805010 appeared on GB at $30.00, and for a while I
was the high bidder at $32.00. When the auction ended I was the high bidder at $77.00, and when the
mount arrived it was almost immediately installed on my Sig PCC! I think you can see where this story
is going.

A couple of weeks ago JBA sent me a link to an ebay auction for a new EX0022 for $80 (+ $5.00 s/h). I
sat on it for a whole day, and on June 30 I bought it. And that's my spare mount. For God's Sake don't
anybody suggest another rifle for me to buy, otherwise the rodeo starts all over again!

Charlie

06'  is a terrific round,  I enjoy a Garand with all it's flaws?  Haven't tried any modern rifles with that round though.  When you get yours let us know how it does.  I'm not trying to urge you to buy,  or I would have mentioned the commonalities between the 6mm ARC and .243.  Both are speed demons and powerful.   Or I would ask which rifle you might mount the spare EX0022,  no sense letting it rot in the safe.  As you can see I didn't mention buying any new items,  none of us would,  it just isn't right to do so.

For future reference: Unless they have changed them, the  Rock River Arms one piece mount used to be a virtual clone of the Armalite mount, but about $20 cheaper. But that was in 2012. Haven’t checked their website lately though. I have a RRA mount on my AR10 rifle since 2012 and it has worked very well.

https://www.rockriverarms.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_ID=1742

Edited by Sisco

7 hours ago, RedRiverII said:

06'  is a terrific round,  

I purely love 30-06. My dad and I knocked many a deer arse over tit with a pair of Winchester Model 70s way back when. Then he switched to a .308 semi and we had to do a lot more blood trailing.

I know I'm treading on shaky ground, but 30-06 is faster, can push a heavier buller, and delivers more ft/lbs downrange compared to .308. I know it's not much, but sometimes a little more is all you need.

Charlie

28 minutes ago, Sisco said:

Cut my teeth on 30-06 from the age of 12. Still my deer hunting round and my son's, only in a pair of Savage Bolt Actions.

Won my 270 from my dad when I was 12 gun was bigger than I was. Before that I used my moms 243 and killed several deer with it - sweet rounds - still very fond of both. Killed several elk with that 270 which now belongs to my son.

Edited by Radioactive

5 hours ago, Radioactive said:

Won my 270 from my dad when I was 12 gun was bigger than I was. Before that I used my moms 243 and killed several deer with it - sweet rounds - still very fond of both. Killed several elk with that 270 which now belongs to my son.

My Dad had a Remington 700 from 1952 I inherited when he died. Ended up trading it in on  a brand new Preban Colt AR15 HBAR, because I was a lefty and didn’t have any kids at the time. 8 months later I became a Dad by adoption. As much as I like that HBAR,  I wish I had kept that 700 to pass on to my son.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...