• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Fire season again

Magwa

well I have been retired from the fire department for 4 years now since the last big fire around here now we have another 2 days ago a power line about a mile from our house blew and started a fire it grew from zero to 300 acres in 4 hours and now is at 500 acres luck was on our side it has been burning away from us.... be careful where it is dry..

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

38 minutes ago, Magwa said:

well I have been retired from the fire department for 4 years now since the last big fire around here now we have another 2 days ago a power line about a mile from our house blew and started a fire it grew from zero to 300 acres in 4 hours and now is at 500 acres luck was on our side it has been burning away from us.... be careful where it is dry..

Magda where are you located? Something like 560 fires in Idaho right now. I grew up in Idaho, graduated from Coeurd’Alene high school. Lived in rathdtum, hayden  lake,(northern part of state) twin falls, jerome, hagerman (southern hi desert).

3 hours ago, Radioactive said:

Magda where are you located? Something like 560 fires in Idaho right now. I grew up in Idaho, graduated from Coeurd’Alene high school. Lived in rathdtum, hayden  lake,(northern part of state) twin falls, jerome, hagerman (southern hi desert).

I lived in Rathdrum for 27 years and spirit lake I am now down near Orofino on the Nez Perce Reservation..

Got one going down the road from us tonight. Probably 12 miles away or so. Luckily the wind isn’t coming our way, but hopefully they get it knocked down. Windy and dry today. Spreading pretty fast. About 1500 acres last I checked. Just started this afternoon. Could see the glow tonight when I got home. 

D247CDF5-2868-4E9F-A372-B6168DC9F5A8.jpeg

2FF37519-2C84-460C-A692-9A3CB1CC46A2.jpeg

Edited by DNP

They aren’t sure what it’s doing. They’ve now issued an evacuation warning to the entire back county.  It’s been burning away from us, but they said screw it. Everyone be ready to leave  we issue an evac order. Which is kinda chickenshit, because yeah, we’re all supposed to be ready to leave during fire season. Issue the warnings where you think it’s headed, or people will learn to ignore the warnings.  Chicken little, boy crying wolf, whatever. 

a little glow in the horizon

A0EF4947-823E-4DD8-9FBA-BBE35AC25FF7.jpeg

26 minutes ago, DNP said:

we’re all supposed to be ready to leave during fire season. Issue the warnings where you think it’s headed, or people will learn to ignore the warnings.  Chicken little, boy crying wolf, whatever. 

That is why so many people don't leave during a hurricane warning.  We'll, that and the fact that the government won't let you go back in to secure anything after until they think it is ok while the looters have their way.

After seeing the ground the fire covered in one day back in 2003 Cedar fire...we know a small blaze can go county wide in a heartbeat. That was a perfect storm. Hope we don’t see another one like that for many many years. 
information is little. They don’t provide very good updates. This morning they called it 4000 acres. This afternoon they called it 5300 despite it covering quite a distance. Would be nice to see better coverage of it. I know the info is available. 

alertwildfire.org has some bitchin cameras linked and some cool features. I keep it up when I’m at work so I can see what’s happening around the county. 

I hope it stays to the west, and doesn't jump that major ridgeline out there.  If you think it's gonna, I can get there before it does - which gives you about 4.5 hours to get a tanker up there with extra hoses.  I'll run a hose.  I might not know what I'm doing with a firehose, but I don't like losing a fight...   :thumbup:

If it looks like it’s coming our way...I’m booking up the house and hauling outta here. If it’s gonna burn, now would be the perfect time before we start building. My plans get approved Tuesday AM and I’ll be paying fees like crazy. It took 3 weeks after approving the the grading plans for them to produce an invoice and issue the permit....so expecting the same. I should have a building permit before October and then we’re off to the races. I’d rather it burn before the sticks go up. 

I saw some Cali Wildfire shiit in the news where a "gender-reveal party" caused a major wildfire - I had to search that out, and make sure that wasn't the one close to you.

All this "Gender-Reveal" bullshiit is completely gay.  It's for people that don't have ANYTHING else going on in their life, but THIS party will make them socially acceptable, or whatever the fuk they think it's gonna do for them.  If this is their highlight, I just think they're losers.

Sorry.  I slipped...  Rant Off...

:soap: