• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Fire season again

Magwa

8 minutes ago, DNP said:

This one was started by a tractor somehow. Still don’t have all the details. Poor bastard. 

I can understand why someone with a tractor is up in the hills in Cali.   I completely get it for real, not joking.    Just sucks to be caught up in that, though.  That's why we have things to watch like this...

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

another bigger fire started yesterday about 2.00PM it started just a 1/2 mile to the west of the fire they just got contained two days ago within a hour it had grown to over 500 acres and sadly took 8 homes that we know of so far no further info since last night winds up to 40 mile a hour pushed the fire it is called the Clover fire we evacuated but were able to come back to our home as the wind pushed it to the west......2020 this year sucks!

Stay safe Mags. We’re waiting to see what the wind does today. Reporting is terrible...wish they would give us some better updates. Weather is weird right now and all the smoke laid down and spread across the county. You can’t even tell where the fire is on the wildfire cameras. 

No life lost is a good one. Sorry for those who lost their homes. So far, we’ve got two injury/illness reports. 20 homes, 25 out buildings. They knocked it down really wel yesterday, but still only 11% contained. Not a lot of active burning but there is some starting back up with the winds today. We’ve got almost 700 guys on it right now. Hoping they hold it back today. They’ve already said they aren’t going to get in front of it due to the dangerous winds right now....so we’ll hope they can keep it as quiet as possible. 

Guys did a kick ass job on our fire. And in 115 degree heat during the first part of it. Tuesday gave us higher humidity and not much wind. They had most of the active burning knocked down, but everyone was on edge for the wind coming in. Wind was milder than expected and the guys were all over any flare ups. It stayed stable and they continue to create the containment lines. We’re good for this fire it seems and we’ll be watching out for the next. This could be a nasty season.  

You okay @DNP?  Had a few days over here that were completely overcast, because of the smoke. Couldn't see the sun, driving home (west) right into it. It was a nice break here, and kept the sun-heat-temps here down to the mid-90s - but it can't be good for you over there... 

9 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

You okay @DNP?  Had a few days over here that were completely overcast, because of the smoke. Couldn't see the sun, driving home (west) right into it. It was a nice break here, and kept the sun-heat-temps here down to the mid-90s - but it can't be good for you over there... 

We are getting smoke out here from the west coast 

Still smells Smokey and we have some haze, but all good in SD. Those guys had our fire knocked out pretty quick and then just stayed on top of it. Terrain makes the “containment line” hard to achieve quickly, but they didn’t have a lot of active fire when the winds kicked up. It’s still being mopped up, but that one is over. Cali still blazing all over though. Only good news from that is there’s going to be a lot of ground that won’t burn again for sometime. Hoping for as many homes and lives spared as possible, but his whole place needs to burn. It’s been way too long for most of it. 

I argued that with a woman at work. I know. I know. Why bother arguing with a woman....they’re always right. That’s what my wife tells me anyways, and she usually is. So the woman at work was telling me the crazy fires up north are because we’ve intruded into the forests. She was confused when I agreed, but then explained that our actions to “protect” everything is what has lead to this. We put out ever fire that lightning has started.  Our involvement in nature wether for the belief we are doing something good, or through our ignorance doing something bad...we have an affect. Even our “good” actions can have negative outcomes. 

Edited by DNP

3 hours ago, Armed Eye Doc said:

Nature uses fire to renew the land.  People used to set small , controlled fires to prevent the big ones.  Then the environmental whackos got in charge.

2 hours ago, DNP said:

I argued that with a woman at work. I know. I know. Why bother arguing with a woman....they’re always right. That’s what my wife tells me anyways, and she usually is. So the woman at work was telling me the crazy fires up north are because we’ve intruded into the forests. She was confused when I agreed, but then explained that our actions to “protect” everything is what has lead to this. We put out ever fire that lightning has started.  Our involvement in nature wether for the belief we are doing something good, or through our ignorance doing something bad...we have an affect. Even our “good” actions can have negative outcomes. 

I had some idiot spouting how this is trumps fault and people like me denie science. 

I came back at him with science telling him how his leftist states have cut forestry and land management funding, which has turned those states into tinder boxes and I never heard back from him. I know droughts are part of it but a well maintained forestry program sure helps.