• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Odin Works adjustable buffer

shrade

Can just see the brainstorm session that created this item. 

"Hey bob, ive noticed a lull in new pointlessly adjustable AR parts. is there any AR part that hasnt been made adjustable that we can sell to people for no reason?"

"No jim...I think weve made just about every part in the gun pointlessly adjustable.....wait....what about a buffer?"

"Brilliant!! Well sell a million of them!"

There’s lots of parts for that market still. Adjustable bolt catch, adjustable dust covers.  

I hear CROM is working on an adjustable bolt. You’ll never have a problem with head spacing again. Just twist til it’s right and tighten down this tiny pot metal set screw. Walla. Everyone’s worst nightmare- solved. Until it slips and becomes everyone’s worst nightmare. 

The one that says “when you ask, does anyone have any experience with xxxxxx...” You have 48 hours for someone to chime in about it, or you get to be the first one by buying it and reporting back. Around here it’s just referred to as “The Rule”. That one doesn’t have a number like 65b. 

I have to chime in on this one.  This video was launched right before SHOT Show last year (2019).  From Odin.

TWO YEARS ago, Sprinco launched this concept AT SHOT Show (2018), and we caught it here, and it's smart as fuk. 

Bottom line is easy - you buy the appropriate kit that you'll need, and you can tune your buffer to what YOUR GUN needs.  It's smart as hell.  No more bullshiit buffers from bullshiit companies.  No more "too light" buffers in .308ARs, not with these.

My question is easy - anybody find either the Sprinco adjustable or the Odin Adjustable on the market anywhere?...   :popcorn:

Game-changing concept.  Pure fucking brilliance in manufacturing.  :hail:

Give me a link to buy one...   :thumbup:

21 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

I have to chime in on this one.  This video was launched right before SHOT Show last year (2019).  From Odin.

TWO YEARS ago, Sprinco launched this concept AT SHOT Show (2018), and we caught it here, and it's smart as fuk. 

Bottom line is easy - you buy the appropriate kit that you'll need, and you can tune your buffer to what YOUR GUN needs.  It's smart as hell.  No more bullshiit buffers from bullshiit companies.  No more "too light" buffers in .308ARs, not with these.

My question is easy - anybody find either the Sprinco adjustable or the Odin Adjustable on the market anywhere?...   :popcorn:

Game-changing concept.  Pure fucking brilliance in manufacturing.  :hail:

Give me a link to buy one...   :thumbup:

https://www.joeboboutfitters.com/Odin-Works-AR-15-Adjustable-Heavy-Buffer-p/odin-os-abs-ar15-hvy.htm

Thought I would get one for my 6.5 Grendel, I am running a standard AR carbine buffer, seems a little light.

Edited by shrade
added info

On 10/5/2020 at 5:06 PM, shrade said:

https://www.joeboboutfitters.com/Odin-Works-AR-15-Adjustable-Heavy-Buffer-p/odin-os-abs-ar15-hvy.htm

Thought I would get one for my 6.5 Grendel, I am running a standard AR carbine buffer, seems a little light.

Don't need it from a vendor that says they've got it in stock, when the gun-world is sideways right now.  I'm looking for parts from the manufacturer of those parts, and they're out of stock at the manufacturer(s) fright now.  Thanks for the PM link to the JoeBob store, though.  :thumbup:

Your Grendel needs a VLTOR A5 buffer system, with either the A5-H1 buffer (4.56oz) or the A5-H2 buffer (5.33oz).  If it's a 16" Grendel,the A5H1 will do you well.  If it's an 18" Grendel, you'll want the A5H2.  I have 5 of these things, +1 Valkyrie, +1 6 ARC, all running VLTOR A5 recoil systems.  I don't recommend that lightly.

When you need those out of stock A5 recoil system parts, and finding substitutions, post up.  VLTOR doesn't have them, and neither does anybody else (unless they just luckily got a shipment).

• 1 month later...
On 10/7/2020 at 4:23 PM, shrade said:

Following up on the 48 hour rule on the Odin Works adjustable buffer.

Gave up on 98's recommendation of tuning my Grendel with a VLTOR A5 system, couldn't find one anywhere. Purchased the Odin buffer from Joe Bob's and a Wilson X power spring from Clint at Heavy Buffers, the goal being to duplicate the A5 system as close as possible. after some experimenting set  the buffer to the max of 5.8 oz. Worked like a champ, brass in a neat pile at 4:00. Bolt locks on an empty mag, cycles Am. Gunner and Wolf. Has tamed the recoil,  I can almost see the impacts thru the scope at 100 yds.

Will give any one who purchases one a bit of advise, Set the large allen screw to a depth  just a few thou below the face of the buffer, mark the face of the screw where the lock screw will make contact with the threads on the large screw. Remove the large screw and file a small flat on the threads where the lock screw will make contact. If not the large threads could be "dinged" when locking down the small lock screw.  these "dings" could  then damage the internal threads of the buffer when removed.  Ask me how I know. After chasing the internal threads of the buffer I took the additional step of placing a small piece of 14 gage copper wire under the small lock screw and tightened  it down, on the filed flat, the copper preventing any further  damage.

I like the ability of this buffer  to tune a particular rifle with out having to have several buffers on hand. . I am pleased with the buffer and hope this fulfills my "obligations" under the 48 hour rule.