• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Help!

Tripledeuce

I'v got a new RR lar8, everything RR except the BBL.  BBl is by dpms. 

Shoots fine, except the bolt does not go far enough back to pick up the next round, or lock the bolt back on a empty mag.

load is 140g hornady a-max with a max load of 45 g of rl19.

Please, some help?

Respectfully

Terry

Check that your gas block is on correctly too. You might be choking out the gas port with a misaligned gb.

Also, if this is a new build... Wet, wet, WET!!!

What robocop said... It cannot be emphasized enough... Those new actions and chambers can be really tight (and yes, it is a metaphor you pervert  <laughs>) and so you want to break them in with lots of lube.

"How" do I check the GB?

Respectfully

Terry

You'll need to remove it and take some measurements.  The whole barrel doesn't need to come off, but the gas block does.  DO you have a pic of this beast, by chance, that we could look at?  It would be a whole lot easier to describe what would need to be done, based in a pic of the parts we're working with here.  Certainly sounds like a custom build, if there's a DPMS barrel on a RRA gun.  <thumbsup>

A.  "what" measurments do I need to take?  Where, and how?

B.  No factory ammo in town in 260 rem, will have to order a box.

C. Cal is 260 rem.

D. ctgs feed fine from the mag, when operated manuelly.

E. I will really wet her down, and give it a try.

F.  the chamber was "slightly"  tight on the stripped bolt with the go gague.

Thanks for the help

Respectfully

Terry

Are you shooting with a fixed rifle stock or a collapsible stock? You want to make sure you have the correct buffer and buffer spring inside.

Also, are you using a Carrier Weight System or any other "enhancements"? I would run the rifle completely stock at first and add "enhancements" as I saw how the rifle performed. The .260 Rem might not have the power/pressure to work with some of the "enhancements" designed for larger projectiles. Shooting that cartridge in an AR format is still fairly fresh, and any modifications you make/do could be considered trial and error.

I love the .260 round. The fact that it might not work doesn't take away from the performance of the bullet. It just may be that the bullet doesn't require any assistance, and the intended assistance may actually be inhibiting instead.

OK,,,,,,,,I spray-oiled everything,,,,it was literally dripping!

5 shots,,,,,everything feed ,cycled, and fired!!!!!    5/8" group from ammo literally dripping........

Goes aginst everything I have learned as a 'smith in the last 40 years,,,,,,,,but it worked!

Thanks

Terry

I would try to keep ammo & chamber free of oil . That in its self could cause some big problems ,as you should know .

Wet all mechanical moving parts & I some times use gun slick grease on the bolt lugs , to help with break in of the bolt/barrel extension mating areas.