• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Range Day 27 Dec 20

98Z5V

1 hour ago, DNP said:

Humble. And good lookin too. One of those gay overweight AZ bodybuilder types. I gotta ask why Tanner is so thin though?  Is it because he never puts down the dremel tool long enough to pick up a fork?  

I work my AZZ of at work, and do a job 25 year old can't do !

On 12/27/2020 at 7:38 PM, 98Z5V said:

Went back to the chrono and ran 5 of my Win Mag loads through it - 225gr Hornady ELD-Ms, and the average speed is 2923 fps with an SD of 22.4.  @JBMatt thinks I'm insane.

Here's the weather data on that 5-shot group, and the chrono data, for those that are into that, and keep records of it.

Density Altitude: 2700 feet

Altitude: 1414 feet

Baro Pressure: 29.67 in/hg

Absolute Pressure: 28.42 in/hg

Humidity: 25.0%

Temp: 74.5*

Chrono info:

2951, 2900, 2914, 2908, 2943.  Avg: 2923.  SD 22.4.  ES 51.

That load is HAULING THE MAIL for a 225, right there. Hornady 10 Manual says that with a 25" barrel, this thing has a max load of Reloder 22 at 72.0 grains, and goes 2800 fps.  I'm on a 26" barrel, at 71.8 grains of RL22.  This one is a runner...   :laffs:

Edited by 98Z5V

The real world sucks, first day off... Dr Appointment, Hair salon, In-Laws for dinner. Just got home. Going to reload 50 rounds tonight. I have to work tomorrow. 2.5 X pay rate ! No rest for the wicked.

Picked up a pound of Accurate 2230 Wednesday. Not sure what I can use it for. Same burn rate as H322. Should be good for a 62 to 100 Gr projectiles.

On ‎12‎/‎29‎/‎2020 at 12:12 AM, 98Z5V said:

This was the final result of all the number-crunching on @JBMatt's string that day.  Pretty fucking IMPRESSIVE!...  :hail::thumbup:

When you do your part at that kind of distance, and the wind actually cooperates...   It's fuckin' EPIC...   :banana:

1825612133_Ballistic-X-Export-2020-12-28162318.980606.thumb.png.24ad814ae7598145bd5faa7f6eca35ea.png

Damn nice work there for sure! 

I love reading about your range days and the details involved.

Getting in a little late on this, have been BUSY here.  My lead investigator came down with the COVID so I'm taking all the calls right now till they recover.  That chit finally hit close to home and as I type this my brother-in-law is laying face down in ICU on a ventilator.  When they flip him back over his vital signs go to chit....NOT good!

Anyhow, those results are for sure IMPRESSIVE.  Are you shooting from an elevated platform?  If you back up much more the curve of the Earth is going to prevent you guys from seeing the target!....LOL......Cliff

@Cliff R, that's not easy to hear, about the brother in law.  That sucks, man, and I hope he pulls through, and beats it back.

Not shooting the mile from an elevated position.  Weird situation, here.  My long distance range is off-set from my campsite.  On the long distance range, we shoot from a 10ft high berm, which gives us an elevated position over the targets, out to 850, sometimes out to 1200 - pending placement of those targets.  It always looks good when you're out there putting them in - looking back at the shooting position on the 10ft berm...  and it's not so sweet once you're ON that berm.  Looks like brush, everywhere, and hard to spot bullet splash.  The 850, however, is up on a hill.  In a way,you're shooting hill-to-hill, on the long distance side, to the 850.

@JBMatt started using the onX Hunt hunting application on his phone, and plotted all the targets we set in.  Stroke of luck that the 850 yard target on that off-set long range site - is exactly 1.00 miles from our different camp location. 

So, in a long way around explaining it - we're not shooting from an elevated position - however, that off-set 850 target that's 1.00 miles from camp is about 20 yards higher above ground, than camp is.  That's enough that we don't have brush obscuring scope vision, and it's on a long, wide berm/hill, so bullet splash is easy to pick up. 

It's the perfect world - and all by accident...   :banana:

Edited by 98Z5V

that is some epic shooting that many hits on the mile outstanding.....the fire was a poor effort lol... CliffR all the best to your brother in law a good friend of mine of over 35 years spent 11 days in a induced coma with ventilator and pulled through i hope your brother in law does the same....

Edited by Magwa

On 1/1/2021 at 7:53 AM, Cliff R said:

Damn nice work there for sure! 

I love reading about your range days and the details involved.

Getting in a little late on this, have been BUSY here.  My lead investigator came down with the COVID so I'm taking all the calls right now till they recover.  That chit finally hit close to home and as I type this my brother-in-law is laying face down in ICU on a ventilator.  When they flip him back over his vital signs go to chit....NOT good!

Anyhow, those results are for sure IMPRESSIVE.  Are you shooting from an elevated platform?  If you back up much more the curve of the Earth is going to prevent you guys from seeing the target!....LOL......Cliff

Sorry to hear about your brother in law brother. This hoax can cause a lot of damage. Prayers for a full recovery. 

Thanks guys, good news yesterday, then bad.  We got a text from his wife saying he was improving, then things went to chit again....

As far as shooting a mile I can see where the backstop and area around the target being easy to see hits on would be HUGE!

Edited by Cliff R